Hardware inquiry of non nintendo cheap wupc (wii u pro controler)

keven3477

Fresh Prince of Lemonade
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was looking on e-bay for a wupc and I came across this (15$ non Nintendo controller, notice no wii u symbol above home button), noticing e-bay has a lot of sellers selling these types of controllers and real wupc cost 50$, I want to ask anyone who have bought this, are these non official worth it?

Deepfreezer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I had one of these for the WII, the classic controller Pro, it looked the same, but it was faulty as it arrived, the buttons, sticks and d-pad were kinda sandy for the fingers and the d-pad left direction "double clicked" every now and then, so i replaced it by an original, for my opinion it´s 15 wasted bucks.

Reactions: keven3477

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
These brandless Nintendo controllers don't tend to last very long and by that I mean, the analogue sticks become loose, buttons don't work and/or it doesn't charge properly any more.

If you don't want to pay the high price for the Wii U Pro Controller then I recommend you Wiimote + Hori controller. It's an excellent alternative! :)

Hori's got an upcoming Zelda (well, Link) designed controller but still no picture for the product so far @ http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00ZUNOX9G (change from co.uk to .com for Amazon US)

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can save about $5 by getting the Japanese version on Amazon. Exactly the same except the instructions are J. I suspect you know how to use it already. :)

I bought 3 black and 1 white.

Dont skimp on the controller, it is not worth the frustration.

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya the no name knockoffs are really hit or miss, some of them are great, but some of them are complete garbage. It's really 50/50, thankfully ebay has a 45 day buyer protection program, so even if the seller doesn't accept returns (or just has a bad return policy), if it breaks within 45 days and he/she is unwilling to work with you to resolve the issue, you can open a claim with ebay and 9/10 they'll side with buyer (unless its blatantly obvious the buyer is trying to scam the seller). If ebay rules in your favor, the charge will get reversed and you'll get your money back.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Ya the no name knockoffs are really hit or miss, some of them are great, but some of them are complete garbage. It's really 50/50, thankfully ebay has a 45 day buyer protection program, so even if the seller doesn't accept returns (or just has a bad return policy), if it breaks within 45 days and he/she is unwilling to work with you to resolve the issue, you can open a claim with ebay and 9/10 they'll side with buyer (unless its blatantly obvious the buyer is trying to scam the seller). If ebay rules in your favor, the charge will get reversed and you'll get your money back.
Exactly. And also, when sending it back make sure that it's tracked or signed because they could just say 'It never arrived'.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Someone already bought it.

Say, do you have a Wiimote? If so then just purchase a Hori controller and be through with it.

This Hori controller looks totally awesome:

51%2BViGL5K2L._SY300_.jpg

Amazon US: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZUNOX9G/ ($27.99 w/Free Shipping) [September 21, 2015]
Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00ZUNOX9G/ (£23.85 w/Free Shipping) [August 26, 2015]

It's cheaper for UK/European residents to purchase from Amazon UK because it'd still cost more via Amazon US plus customs fee too.

To be frank, this Link controller looks too good to be used to play games (Hori controllers are an ace in design and its hardware). :P

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Someone already bought it.

Say, do you have a Wiimote? If so then just purchase a Hori controller and be through with it.

This Hori controller looks totally awesome:

51%2BViGL5K2L._SY300_.jpg

Amazon US: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZUNOX9G/ ($27.99 w/Free Shipping) [September 21, 2015]
Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00ZUNOX9G/ (£23.85 w/Free Shipping) [August 26, 2015]

It's cheaper for UK/European residents to purchase from Amazon UK because it'd still cost more via Amazon US plus customs fee too.

To be frank, this Link controller looks too good to be used to play games (Hori controllers are an ace in design and its hardware). :P
The downside is that it's a Classic Controller, so you need a Wiimote dangling off it, and it's not going to work with every Wii U game because some only support the Pro Controller.
I want the Gioteck controller that has a triple-mode Pro Controller/Classic Controller/Sideways Wiimote mode, but I can't find them anywhere.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
The downside is that it's a Classic Controller, so you need a Wiimote dangling off it, and it's not going to work with every Wii U game because some only support the Pro Controller.
I want the Gioteck controller that has a triple-mode Pro Controller/Classic Controller/Sideways Wiimote mode, but I can't find them anywhere.
Most games that are worth playing on Wii U (not a whole lot anyway) support the Classic Controller so that's not really a problem, I'd say.

Splatoon's shitty offline 1v1 supports the Classic Controller but honestly, that's so bad barely anyone would actually want to play that.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Most games that are worth playing on Wii U (not a whole lot anyway) support the Classic Controller so that's not really a problem, I'd say.

Splatoon's shitty offline 1v1 supports the Classic Controller but honestly, that's so bad barely anyone would actually want to play that.
It's more an issue of having to bring two controllers, as well as the dangling wire to me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended