OP
Trophies
Website
whalecakes.com
XP
Country
United States
Dear sir/madam,
I am writing to you to say DAMN. I wish I had more money. I wouldn't have had to buy a cheapy 8 USD card from DX. But that's not the point of this thread.

I would like to know more about this, and I thought, "who better to ask than the oh-so-knowledgable GBAtemp community?" So here I am. I have a few questions about this generic card, and the EZ-Flash 3-in-1. I will be receiving the former in the mail at some point, and may end up buying the latter.

Generic card (NDS&GBA)

Note: I refer to the card here.

1. How does this link to the computer+console/cartridge? According to what I've read so far, it uses an LPT port (I'm in the process of getting a USB to LPT cable), and it uses the GBA multiplayer port. This would be problematic, considering that I would have to upload the ROMs using a NDSLite, which, as you know, does not have a GBA port. So, I am wondering if there are any workarounds to this, such as using a NDSLite to USB cable, or perhaps even an NDSLite to LPT cable. Would it even be possible to use something like the "Slot 2" functionality in the AK2i, to write the ROM dynamically to the cartridge?

2. How much memory does this have, and what are its capabilities? According to what I've read so far, it is not able to be used as a RAM expansion (the DS browser) and does not have much memory. It is said to have 16MB of memory.

3. Is it a standalone cartridge? As in... could it be used in a GBM?

EZFlash 3-in-1

Note: I will refer back and forth to the Lite and GBA sized.

1. What is the difference between the GBA sized and Lite sized EZ3-in-1? Is there any at all?

2. Would it be possible to simply switch the shell of the Lite sized? Would I be able to switch it to one of the "placeholder" shells, or even to a full GBA shell?

3. Does it function as a standalone? This would be very helpful if it turned out to be true.

I would highly appreciate it if you could write a reasonable reply to this post. Thank you.

epicCreations

Dangy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EZ Flash 3-in-1 DOES function as a standalone.

That's the only question I can answer... =/

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
epicCreations.org said:
Generic card (NDS&GBA)

Note: I refer to the card here.

1. How does this link to the computer+console/cartridge? According to what I've read so far, it uses an LPT port (I'm in the process of getting a USB to LPT cable), and it uses the GBA multiplayer port. This would be problematic, considering that I would have to upload the ROMs using a NDSLite, which, as you know, does not have a GBA port. So, I am wondering if there are any workarounds to this, such as using a NDSLite to USB cable, or perhaps even an NDSLite to LPT cable. Would it even be possible to use something like the "Slot 2" functionality in the AK2i, to write the ROM dynamically to the cartridge?

2. How much memory does this have, and what are its capabilities? According to what I've read so far, it is not able to be used as a RAM expansion (the DS browser) and does not have much memory. It is said to have 16MB of memory.

3. Is it a standalone cartridge? As in... could it be used in a GBM?

EZFlash 3-in-1

Note: I will refer back and forth to the Lite and GBA sized.

1. What is the difference between the GBA sized and Lite sized EZ3-in-1? Is there any at all?

2. Would it be possible to simply switch the shell of the Lite sized? Would I be able to switch it to one of the "placeholder" shells, or even to a full GBA shell?

3. Does it function as a standalone? This would be very helpful if it turned out to be true.

So good to see someone who finally speaks proper English! Well done!
Now then, onto the fun stuff.

Generic card (NDS&GBA)
1. From the looks of it, it plugs into your GBA slot and then plugs into your computer via a connection through the GBA port and a Parallel port on your computer. You'll need an old computer for this, as most new computers don't have Parallel ports. I don't think there is a DS Lite port to Parallel/USB cable out there, so good luck finding one. And as for writing directly to it via something like AKAIO's "Slot 2" feature, it depends on the features of the card, which I can't seem to find anywhere.
2. According to the sticker, it has 128 MB of internal memory. That'll be enough for a few GBA games, but nothing much. Also, it again depends on the hardware in the card if it can be used as a RAM pack, but I highly doubt that it can.
3. It looks like it was designed to be a standalone in a GBA or GBA SP, so I would assume it could work as a standalone in the GBM.

EZFlash 3-in-1
1. The Lite sized is smaller than the GBA sized, but they perform the same functions. Also, the Lite sized one will not fit in a Game Boy Advance or anything of the Game Boy series.
2. You can most definitely switch the shell. From what I know, EZ-Flash has made their own shells for switching the insides of the expansion pack into a Lite or GBA sized shell. I could be wrong on this, though, don't quote me.
3. The 3in1 could plausibly function as a standalone, but you require a DS to flash a game to it, and even then you can only have one game flashed to it at a time.

However, this is just speculation based on a 5-minute look at the DealExtreme page. By the way, they seem misleading, as this doesn't seem to have anything to do with USB in the slightest.

epicCreations.or

OP
Trophies
Website
whalecakes.com
XP
Country
United States
Skyline969 said:
So good to see someone who finally speaks proper English! Well done!
Now then, onto the fun stuff.

Generic card (NDS&GBA)
1. From the looks of it, it plugs into your GBA slot and then plugs into your computer via a connection through the GBA port and a Parallel port on your computer. You'll need an old computer for this, as most new computers don't have Parallel ports. I don't think there is a DS Lite port to Parallel/USB cable out there, so good luck finding one. And as for writing directly to it via something like AKAIO's "Slot 2" feature, it depends on the features of the card, which I can't seem to find anywhere.
2. According to the sticker, it has 128 MB of internal memory. That'll be enough for a few GBA games, but nothing much. Also, it again depends on the hardware in the card if it can be used as a RAM pack, but I highly doubt that it can.
3. It looks like it was designed to be a standalone in a GBA or GBA SP, so I would assume it could work as a standalone in the GBM.

EZFlash 3-in-1
1. The Lite sized is smaller than the GBA sized, but they perform the same functions. Also, the Lite sized one will not fit in a Game Boy Advance or anything of the Game Boy series.
2. You can most definitely switch the shell. From what I know, EZ-Flash has made their own shells for switching the insides of the expansion pack into a Lite or GBA sized shell. I could be wrong on this, though, don't quote me.
3. The 3in1 could plausibly function as a standalone, but you require a DS to flash a game to it, and even then you can only have one game flashed to it at a time.

However, this is just speculation based on a 5-minute look at the DealExtreme page. By the way, they seem misleading, as this doesn't seem to have anything to do with USB in the slightest.

Thanks for the help. According to the page, it has 128Mb of memory, which supposedly is 16MB in actuality. The 3in1 would be a good alternative, and could even function as a sort of standalone, according to what you say. Also, do you get the SAV file when rewriting, or is it simply to play a single game, and when you are finished with that one, you have to trash the SAV and start anew with a different game?

Also, I would like to ask additional questions regarding how to get the EZ 3 in 1.

I am thinking of going through realhotstuff to get mine. However, I am unsure whether the pricing and shipping is as good as it could get. They offer the Lite version for around 20 USD, and I'm unsure of the shipping costs. Are there any alternate dealers that could offer it at under that price, or with a lower shipping (to Hawaii)?

Now, do you think it would be a better idea to get the EZ3in1 or to get an EZ4? I want to make the right decision but I'm not sure what my exact aims for each are. I would like it to have the ability to be standalone, but I would also like the rumble+expansion. I don't have any spare memory cards on hand, and I don't really have the money to spend on another. What exactly do you think I should do?

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
epicCreations.org said:
Thanks for the help. According to the page, it has 128Mb of memory, which supposedly is 16MB in actuality. The 3in1 would be a good alternative, and could even function as a sort of standalone, according to what you say. Also, do you get the SAV file when rewriting, or is it simply to play a single game, and when you are finished with that one, you have to trash the SAV and start anew with a different game?

Also, I would like to ask additional questions regarding how to get the EZ 3 in 1.

I am thinking of going through realhotstuff to get mine. However, I am unsure whether the pricing and shipping is as good as it could get. They offer the Lite version for around 20 USD, and I'm unsure of the shipping costs. Are there any alternate dealers that could offer it at under that price, or with a lower shipping (to Hawaii)?
Ah right, conversion between Megabits and Megabytes. On the 3in1, provided you use the homebrew tool called GBA Exploader to write games to your EZ-Flash, you will be able to save the contents of the expansion pack's internal memory (for saves, the official name for it escapes me now as I'm pretty sick) to a .sav file on your card. Mind you, you need a slot-1 card for this to work, which I assume you have. DealExtreme may sell that expansion pack still, and it'll be a competitive price. Also, they ship for free worldwide, Hawaii included.
tongue.gif

epicCreations.or

OP
Trophies
Website
whalecakes.com
XP
Country
United States
I checked out DX and they do not offer the 3 in 1 any longer. I will probably get it off of realhotstuff. Again, I'm debating between the EZ3in1 and the EZ4. Of course, if this generic card suffices, I might even decide against spending anymore cash. Still, I might want to get my hands on the EZ4 if I can make more money at some point.

I already ordered a new battery for my SP, which means I can flash ROMs using that, and I have found the USB to LPT cable on Deal Extreme for cheap. I also purchased the Lite rumble, so I won't be needing that 3in1 function either.

alphanemisis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as i am understanding if you can find the item number you can type it in the quick order box on dealextreme. as an alternative i sugest trying 0shippingzone.com (one of gbatemps sponsors) excellent prices comparable to dx and free shipping too! also check out priceangels.com and buyincoins.com (wich caries alot of other items like dx and priced cheaper...just not as big a selection)

i have ordered something from all of these vendors just a few weeks ago...and buy in coins is excellent for email response (same day unless weekend)

im a total newbie, and im needing help with supecard dsonei with eos (the new operating system) cheat codes... either i dont have any, or they dont work (either way there is no simplified instructions for this)

im runing dsonei eos and ez3in1 gba pack and would like to try out internet browser and having trouble with that also.

does anyone want to help write a review on dsonei eos? the main thing they dont tell u is you have to download the os (load the 2 files on sd card ) and if you dont download the updateen file to the sd card it will not "update" i had to figure this out on my own...
also eos is not compatable with dsone old cheats.

epicCreations.or

OP
Trophies
Website
whalecakes.com
XP
Country
United States
I just got my NDS&GBA card in the mail today (1 week?! Wow.) and it works pretty good. I've only got a few problems with it;

1. It's only 16MB. Not good enough for, say, Pokemon hacks.
tongue.gif

2. It's a pain to write to. I've only used the hacked gbaldr so far, but I've gotten numerous errors that have stopped me.
3. The casing is ugly as hell. But that's ok; I've got a spare cartridge I'm gonna put it in.
laugh.gif

epicCreations.or

OP
Trophies
Website
whalecakes.com
XP
Country
United States
Well then, I must have gotten lucky. It writes fine, but sometimes (after trying to write a 16MB ROM xD) it doesn't work for a few writes after, at which point I just write a ROM and write the same one over it.

Also... getting a new GBASP case since My old one is sorta crappy
tongue.gif

alphanemisis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i figured it out now now to apply cheats in supercard eos!!!!!!!!!!!! yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks elixirdream

http://cheats.gbatemp.net/forum/nds/dsone-...12172/#msg12172

just go to gbatemps downloads and download the file usrcheat.dat!!!!!!!!

supercard cheats for eos cheats working now! it was this easy all along.... but yet for a newbie like me so hard!!!!!! im a happy camper now!

my only complaint is trying to get opera browser or ds organize browser working with my dslite/dsonei-eos/ez3in1 setup. and i have to post like 50 or 100 times to access gbatemp's forum garage sale

albertar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question regarding the ez flash 3 in 1. I copied games to the nor memory of it and it works as a stand alone on my ds, but when I put the ez flash 3 in 1 in my retro duo portable with the super retro advance adapter, it says that the memory is corrupted. Though I can still play and save with the corrupted memory on the retro duo portable, when I put the ez flash 3 in 1 back into my ds, it says the the file was deleted. Thus rendering me unable to transfer my sram to a sav file. Can anybody answer this for me? I'm confused as to why this would happen as it works as a standalone cartridge on the ds, even without the r4 card but the files corrupt as a standalone on any other device.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2