Gaming injustice, gods among us

RichardLaughter

OP
Trophies
XP
not sure if any of this is wiiu gameplay, but this is coming to the wiiu, so its worth a quick browse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMkTQSbE6Bc

seems pretty cool. at the moment they are only showing off a few characters, but in an interveiw i read, there will be more coming, and dlc will be a possibility.

RichardLaughter

OP
Trophies
XP
It's nice to see another 3rd party game coming to the wiiU. Even if its just a fighter. (not my thing)
i know what you mean bro. in my opinion fighting games become repeatitive after a while. there is really only one fighting franchise i follow and that's soul calibur.

DanielJavierGuzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
It's nice to see another 3rd party game coming to the wiiU. Even if its just a fighter. (not my thing)
i know what you mean bro. in my opinion fighting games become repeatitive after a while. there is really only one fighting franchise i follow and that's soul calibur.
And smash bros, don't forget about smash bros.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
And smash bros, don't forget about smash bros.

I'm sure someone will pipe in to say that it isn't a real fighting game, even though technically, it is.

Reactions: 2 people

RichardLaughter

OP
Trophies
XP
oh, i do like smash bros :D back when i had my wiii i used to piss my buddies off by allways using link! in every game i always use link, because he has the perfect long and short range in my opinion.

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh, i do like smash bros :D back when i had my wiii i used to piss my buddies off by allways using link! in every game i always use link, because he has the perfect long and short range in my opinion.

I like snake, he can still do a kind of wave dash (great for tournament play lololol especially when no one else but my brother and I knew how to do it)

PrimeX

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I have just pre-ordered this from ShopTo, they have a good deal of 34.85 £, about 4 £ lower than amazon.co.uk and also half the shipping cost for Romania. Someone else getting it? Maybe we'll do some online matches :)
my NNID - Prime

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I love Mortal Kombat's fighting style more than Tekken, DoA or Street Fighter. It just plays better IMO.

However, this version is lacking the DLC option like the PS3 and 360 versions. Just like Blops 2, seriously, there's something going on about that.

PrimeX

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I've extensively played MK from the first one to the trilogy, then just when I got the chance but yeah...I love the MK series. And on the casing seems it is specified that DLC will be there. Also see this:

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've extensively played MK from the first one to the trilogy, then just when I got the chance but yeah...I love the MK series. And on the casing seems it is specified that DLC will be there. Also see this:

Except Rich of IGN has said there's no where to download DLC in the game. The only thing that makes sense, is the DLC is bought from the eShop. But if that was true, there's no DLC for Black Ops 2 on the WiiU even though it says "DLC" on the back as well.

My guess, DLC won't hit the WiiU (which is dumb considering Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate has DLC, from the game, no need to be in the eShop), but instead DLC will mean what it does to Treyarch/Activision... patches.

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Except Rich of IGN has said there's no where to download DLC in the game. The only thing that makes sense, is the DLC is bought from the eShop. But if that was true, there's no DLC for Black Ops 2 on the WiiU even though it says "DLC" on the back as well.

My guess, DLC won't hit the WiiU (which is dumb considering Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate has DLC, from the game, no need to be in the eShop), but instead DLC will mean what it does to Treyarch/Activision... patches.
don't forget assassin's creed 3 which dlc did came out for the wii u

Ergo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have the link handy--and I'm not going to look--but the U rev is supposed to get DLC in May, as well as a patch for various, missing, online functions the latter of which is confirmed in this Tweet.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have the link handy--and I'm not going to look--but the U rev is supposed to get DLC in May, as well as a patch for various, missing, online functions the latter of which is confirmed in this Tweet.

The tweet is probably just referencing how you can't do friend matches online, only random battles. DLC would be nice though, I wouldn't mind buying the red son pack if it was reasonably priced.

As far as the actual game, its a blast to play if you like MK style fighters. I'm quite happy with it.

Edit Rereading your post, I see you mention that it refers to online. Haven't seen anywhere about DLC confirmation, just a bunch of speculation.

Ergo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The tweet is probably just referencing how you can't do friend matches online, only random battles. DLC would be nice though, I wouldn't mind buying the red son pack if it was reasonably priced.

Yes, that is exactly what it's referencing, re: private rooms, etc.

Again, DLC is due to arrive in May, and Nintendo even mentioned DLC in a Feb, iirc, Nintendo Direct.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice to see other 3rd party but more 3rd parties are needing for Wiiu. Anyway, this is not for me, thought. Its nice for fan people who wants to have it instead of ps3.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard on a podcast that the wii u version has problems compared to other platforms.

I've seen absolutely zero problems besides the only random matches online one, which is being fixed. And lack of DLC which is up to you if that matters or not - still may be coming.

Everything else has been perfectly fine, online and offline - no different then the videos I've seen of other versions. Some people say it actually looks better, but I wouldn't go that far personally.

Wii U specific features wise, offscreen play works great, admittedly otherwise the pad isn't used for much.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr