Injecting save file

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Osaka, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Osaka
    OP

Osaka GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 25, 2007
    United States
    Ragol
    Ok, I got a pokemon pearl game because I want to connect with the wii with it.

what I want to know is how do I inject my save file for pokemon pearl into the real cart. the save file is one used for roms on the R4.

2. Sir-Fritz

Sir-Fritz GBAtemp Maniac

May 4, 2008
    Brisbane, Australia
    Their are many different ways but the most common is using a ezflash 3 in 1 as well as "Rudolphs NDS backup tool".

3. Osaka
    OP

May 25, 2007
    United States
    Ragol
    hmm is there a guide anywhere?

thanks =3

4. Jundeezy

Jundeezy GBAtemp Regular

Sep 8, 2007
    United States
    California.
    I don't know how to do this(sorry), but this would be something useful to know for me.

5. Osaka
    OP

May 25, 2007
    United States
    Ragol
    figured it out. with the NDS Backup tool 3in1 utility. it was very easy.

6. Jundeezy

Jundeezy GBAtemp Regular

Sep 8, 2007
    United States
    California.
    Can you explain please? I have the 3in1.

7. Osaka
    OP

May 25, 2007
    United States
    Ragol
    go here

download it and put it on your card (I put it straight onto it, not in a folder.)

then run it. I did the first option (pushing B) to find out the name of the save file (im not sure if this is needed or not)

then I put my SD card in my computer and copied my r4 save for pokemon to a folder and renamed it the same as the one it copied

then I replaced the one it copied with mine. then I started the program again on the DS pushed "R" to go to page 2. then I pushed A.

btw, im leaving out the instruction it gives you to do on screen, so read those also and do that

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice