Homebrew injecting .sav to pokemon gold vc, can't find titleid?

jaderocc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
self explanatory.. trying to inject an old save to the new gold vc that came out today via gm9 but i don't know the titleid and i'm not sure how to find it. checked 3dsdb and the titleid there didnt work when i tried to inject. also tried it with jksm but it "initializes the data" every time i boot the game after importing a sav. can anyone help me out? thanks!

Last edited by jaderocc,

BlueLeafeon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've attempted to import a .sav from VBA to my Silver virtual console, but the VC says the file is corrupt and reformats the save data. Not sure if there's some trick I should be doing or what, but just doing what I did with Yellow definitely isn't working.

PKMWM1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same thing is happening to me. I've tried some experimentation:
Importating a save file from VisualBoyAdvance save directory - Corrupt
Exporting a battery from VisualBoyAdvance. Both Battery Mode and Flash Save - Corrupt
Taking an exported save and opening it in PKHeX making a change to trainer ID. Saveing and trying to import into VC - corrupt
Exporting a save from VC, editing it in PKHeX, reimporting Save - Worked.
Exporting a save from VC into VisualBoyAdvance opening the save, re-saving and exporting back - corrupt

For some reason, I can export and import saves from the VC using JKSM and edit them in PKHex. However, any save that is touched by the emulator doesn't work at all with the Virtual Console games. I was thinking it was the clock. My visualboyadvance always causes my in-game clock to be "TIME NOT SET" on the menu and requires me to set the clock every time I try to enter the game. Maybe this is the problem. But I can't figure out a way to send a game from VisualBoyAdvance into Virtual Console at all. I even tried deleting the secure values using JKSM and savedatafiler, but it still doesn't work. Anybody have a solution? I want to play through the game on my 3ds, then send the save to my PC to play Stadium 2 on an emulator, but I can't make it work

Reactions: jaderocc

OblivionReign

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The title ID is 0004000000172600 (For us version which i have) if you have another version ot should be close to that. But honestly just open FBI and goto installed titles and find pokemon gold and it will display its title id

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I also nist found my gold title id in godmode9 in about 3 seconds of checking myself so hopefully me letting you know helps.

Gcentrex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Emulators mostly use a different sav format even if the extension is .sav, you can use a converter to fix the VBA save to be used on a retail cart

jaderocc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks v much @SkyQueen !! that did help.

unfortunately when i tried to do the vc save inject from gm9 it didn't do anything. when i tried to restore, it says the inject is successful, but nothing's different upon loading. it still boots the same save.

the .sav i'm using is from a cartridge of silver, exported with jrodrigo's cart flasher. i've tested it and it worked in every emulator i tried, including mgba on a 3ds and it was tested + worked on a vc .cia install of silver before the legit ones were released today. when you export a save in jksm from the vc it gives a sav.dat file that's 32.02kb instead of a main.sav, like all of the pokemon games i'm familiar with's save files have been until this. i also noticed that the .sav file i have from the cart is 32.00kb, not 32.02kb like the .dat is

anyway, i can export + import saves and edit them in pkhex, i actually just imported the .pkms of the mons i wanted since i was only on the 3rd badge in a shiny badge quest anyway. but it's super annoying that it doesn't seem to read preexisting saves properly. :/

Last edited by jaderocc,

Windylacine

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
All I did was to edit my saves in HxD editor, deleting two last lines of code in the bottom, It worked when imported the save file to my VC copy of Pokemon Silver.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head