Homebrew Injecting sav file into legit ds/3ds cartridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobXcore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hi everyone

I was planning on getting some good games in physical formats such as TWEWY and Pokemon HG/SS. I've played these games in my computer for a long time but it came to my mind that when I get my physical copies of these games, I'll have to start all over again.
Would there be some way or tool to inject the sav files created by the emulator into an actual cartridge?

RobXcore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile

Namesnipe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That seems to be what I was looking for. Thanks a lot man. Cheers.
I'll write out the process right now. First off, make a save backup of the game and give it a name (by that I mean pick the number for it.). Then, grab your converted save, take out the SD card from your 3DS and replace the save backup with the one you have, but change it to the same name since TWLSaveTool doesn't let you customize the names and just puts something like save0001.

Last edited by Namesnipe,

RobXcore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I'll write out the process right now. First off, make a save backup of the game and give it a name (by that I mean pick the number for it.). Then, grab your converted save, take out the SD card from your 3DS and replace the save backup with the one you have, but change it to the same name since TWLSaveTool doesn't let you customize the names and just puts something like save0001.
So, even if the cartridge has never been used I still have to back up a save file?

Jotunheim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Why the heck are you bumping a thread from six years ago!?

Checkpoint supports DS cartridge saves.
Because the post haven't a clear solution, maybe? I always prefer bump a old one rather make a new one, I'm sure this helps the forum organization.

And about the Checkpoint, as far as I know, it can't inject a save inside a cartridge, only remove a .bin file to play in a external emulator.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Because the post haven't a clear solution, maybe? I always prefer bump a old one rather make a new one, I'm sure this helps the forum organization.

And about the Checkpoint, as far as I know, it can't inject a save inside a cartridge, only remove a .bin file to play in a external emulator.
forums tos tho do state not to necrobump. which is clearly whats done. And its rather easy to find info on being able to use jksm or checkpoint. its even a reply from 2017.

Jotunheim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
forums tos tho do state not to necrobump. which is clearly whats done. And its rather easy to find info on being able to use jksm or checkpoint. its even a reply from 2017.
Please, read what I said: Checkpoint doesn't inject a save inside cards, not from a digital copy to a original cartridge. Checkpoint saves the save in .bin format, and cartridges uses .sav format. You can trust me, I've last some hours searching for that. And JKSM apparently doesn't work with DS games. This question inside the topic is open, there is no clear response for that.

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
Please, read what I said: Checkpoint doesn't inject a save inside cards, not from a digital copy to a original cartridge. Checkpoint saves the save in .bin format, and cartridges uses .sav format. You can trust me, I've last some hours searching for that. And JKSM apparently doesn't work with DS games. This question inside the topic is open, there is no clear response for that.
What version of Checkpoint do you have? I'm pretty sure you can just rename the file to the correct extension and it should just work, but just in case, update to the latest version and try again.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
From what I read. Post #3 seems to answer what you are looking for when dealing with DS carts. and checkpoint works for 3DS carts.

Jotunheim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What version of Checkpoint do you have? I'm pretty sure you can just rename the file to the correct extension and it should just work, but just in case, update to the latest version and try again.
I'm in the version 3.7.4 and there is only one version after that (3.8.0) but the dev recomend the 3.7.4 for those who are facing some issues. See: https://github.com/BernardoGiordano/Checkpoint/releases

EDIT: I will try to rename, I thought that would need a software to convert it, but will be great if only a little change in the file solve my issue!
Post automatically merged:

From what I read. Post #3 seems to answer what you are looking for when dealing with DS carts. and checkpoint works for 3DS carts.
Yup, I saw that. But now I'm only with 3DS cartridges here, I can't test the DS method, then I ask to the OP and made this in public because more people can be facing this doubt at any time of the existence. Emulation is about time and conservation.

Last edited by Jotunheim,

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News