injecting old emunand backup: what i can lose?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by 20mark, Nov 25, 2015.

1. 20mark
    OP

20mark GBAtemp Regular

Mar 25, 2011
    Italy
    Italy
    Long story short:
    got a N3DS sys 9.0, emunand 9.5, tried to replace browser in emunand with browsertimewarp in order to have access to AR cheats.
    But when launching old browser on emunand it gives me update nag. on original browser no issues, i used it to have access to HBL.
    Seems there's no way to remove the brower nag. But i have an old 9.0 emunand backup saved.
    So, if i inject this backup, and then update to 9.5 via cia's, what i can lose?
    cia's of games i've installed? saves? themes?
    sadly i didn't find this answer on the forum. thanks.

2. Zidapi

Zidapi GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 1, 2002
    Firstly, browser based AR cheats never worked on new3DS. So you've gone and installed an old3DS browser over your new3DS one, that's never going to end well.

The first thing you should try is to remove the old3DS browser, and reinstall the 9.5 new3DS browser. Find out the titleIDs for both browsers, run FBI and remove the old3DS browser, then install the new3DS one.

That should sort things out. If it doesn't, then restore your emuNAND backup.

What will you lose? Everything listed.

You can export your saves with SaveDataFiler, then back them up to your PC, after restoring your emuNAND you can then restore your saves.

Quantumcat likes this.
  3. 20mark
    OP

20mark GBAtemp Regular

Mar 25, 2011
    Italy
    Italy
    @Zidapi,thanks for your reply. I've already re-installed back the 9.5 browser, of course.
    I dont want to proceed with the restore method as i found on another recent thread a way to circumvent the browser nag. I only need this to boot HBL in emunand sometimes. However, i cant test it right now.

4. 20mark
    OP

20mark GBAtemp Regular

Mar 25, 2011
    Italy
    Italy
    @Zidapi do you know if spoofing 9.5 browser cia version to the latest one i should get rid of the nag?

5. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    I thought the browser nag was only for 9.9 and higher, wasn't it?

6. 20mark
    OP

20mark GBAtemp Regular

Mar 25, 2011
    Italy
    Italy
    yeah, but i installed an older version of the browser, bad move i know.

7. Zidapi

Zidapi GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 1, 2002
    No idea, sorry.