Hacking Injecting of Backup Emunand (Will it lose my games n save files?)

slslasher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Hey guys my friend forgot to update his launcher for his O3DS and just update his emunand to 9.7 which resulted in a blackscreen.

I did a backup of his emunand 1 month back which didn't have any games or saves inside. Since then he installed quite a few games and have a few save files in it.

So my question is if I inject the backup emunand will the games or save files stay? Or will it be wiped?

Thanks in advance!

tipsytoto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try updating to the latest gw launcher.dat since it now supports 9.7. Might solve the problem without requiring an injection.

slslasher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
try updating to the latest gw launcher.dat since it now supports 9.7. Might solve the problem without requiring an injection.

O yeah it work! Thank, why didn't I thought of that. Anyway if someone can answer the original question it would be helpful too.

tipsytoto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
O yeah it work! Thank, why didn't I thought of that. Anyway if someone can answer the original question it would be helpful too.

It will stay. Injecting an emunand via emunandtool merely replaces the existing emunand partition, and doesn't erase the rest of the SD card where your save data is stored.

slslasher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
It will stay. Injecting an emunand via emunandtool merely replaces the existing emunand partition, and doesn't erase the rest of the SD card where your save data is stored.

Ok, because last time I did not do a backup for another friend which encounter this problem too. I use a new microsd to make a new emunand partition and make a backup of that. Then I injected the new emunand partition to the old microsd with the corrupted emunand and all his saves are gone. So it means it needs to be the same emunand for the save to stay?

tipsytoto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, because last time I did not do a backup for another friend which encounter this problem too. I use a new microsd to make a new emunand partition and make a backup of that. Then I injected the new emunand partition to the old microsd with the corrupted emunand and all his saves are gone. So it means it needs to be the same emunand for the save to stay?

Yes, the saves must be specific to the same emunand.

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys my friend forgot to update his launcher for his O3DS and just update his emunand to 9.7 which resulted in a blackscreen.

I did a backup of his emunand 1 month back which didn't have any games or saves inside. Since then he installed quite a few games and have a few save files in it.

So my question is if I inject the backup emunand will the games or save files stay? Or will it be wiped?

Thanks in advance!
if you restore emunand backup which still has no games, I would assume the ticket in the emunand has no information of the installed games so it won't be shown in the home menu (it's still there, you can see it in data management but cannot be accessed)
you might want to make ticket.db backup from current emunand before restoring

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, Okies. Family graveyard is that way 👉