Hardware Injecting NAND.BIN from dumped from old damaged to a new New 3DS XL motherboard New 3DS possible?

tomx86

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi, I've got the black screen of death on my New 3DS XL, and the guys in the rapier shop told me that the motherboard is dead and they need to replace it with a new one, but after it's done can I injecting my NAND.BIN and emuNAND.BIN backups from the old motherboard, or I need to use this tutorial:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-manual-system-transfer-for-saves-content.388033/
or some other way to do this, please help.

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
No you can"t use Nand from a different console, don"t try it as it bricks the console. As said do the Mnaual System Transfer if you want to keep your saves and if there was bought content you can call Nintendo to transfer the account to the new console.

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
Cheaper to buy a motherboard replacement.
...but in that case it'd be a whole new NAND being used; beside the point.

I was just curious, that's all. I remember that someone swapped a new 3DS XL's NAND with a small black new 3DS's (JP) when it wasn't existing in the US.

Last edited by Halvorsen,

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
Correct, ive looked into this before. Its not a common procedure, so there is no templates for the reball. Thus everything being done by hand. Which will cost a bit.
I bet. I took another look at the post I mentioned in my edited reply.

Holy crap, it must be terror to reball those pins and not short even one.

He even shorted two with a machine doing it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Imma make quesadillas for lunch :D +1