Hacking Injecting games into wads-is it still done?

nugundam0079

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I was wondering if people still do the rom injecting trick for N64 titles-Ive been wanting to play Body Harvest and Jet Force Gemeni and I noticed no one has tried injecting them into wads...is this still done?

ShinyLatios

Not Quite There Yet
Trophies
Website
www.eonaegis.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
nugundam0079 said:
Hi! I was wondering if people still do the rom injecting trick for N64 titles-Ive been wanting to play Body Harvest and Jet Force Gemeni and I noticed no one has tried injecting them into wads...is this still done?

I don't think so... Wii64 makes this unnecessary.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hit and miss if you find any new injects, most the ones i have seen lack the ability to save. Wii64 on the other hand can yield interesting results though

Nintendo_Chick

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rare games won't work though. For the most part Wii64 is better than injecting games. I don't know if there's a list of games that work injected that I can post, but you can find one if you look.

kezza825

Trophies
XP
Country
Try typing in Google "wiiware wads" and look for the website hackmii and there should be a list of virtual console wads such N64 games and SNES games. hope this helps

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still do it, mainly because Wii64 for me had worse slowdown than the VC emulator.

I haven't been extensive though. I injected Master Quest into the normal Ocarina of Time, and a hack of Super Mario RPG into Super Mario RPG, so mostly games that are modified versions of the original game being emulated.

You may still wish to try Wii64 though. Most people consider rom injection to be very hard.

Also, a few titles, DK64 comes to mind, I haven't seen emulated properly with injects OR Wii64.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning