ROM Hack Injecting another SNES Rom into DBZ Butoden 2 [O3DS]

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,906
  • Replies 6
D

Deleted User

OP
Has someone tried yet injecting another snes rom into the Dragon ball Z Super Butoden 2 cia?
Just wondering, it's been out on the freeshop for a few days now

the release is just DBZSB2 from J Legend Retsuden as a standalone release
the emulator they are using is excellent, it runs Go Go Ackman 3 flawlessly!
apparently it's the same nintendo uses on N3ds, but they made it N3ds exclusive

This is important because if possible will make SNES games available for people with O3DS too, with perfect emulation and without needing Blarggsnes

the emulator they use for the famicom games is really good too, it has pixel perfect mode and no dark filter ( as far as I could tell )

ArtemisM

Kupo for Kupo Nuts
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if it were wrapped in an emulator (it's not), it would be useless for the majority of SNES games simply because of hardware limitations on the o3DS.

Let me put it this way: do you think Nintendo made SNES VC N3DS exclusive to push consoles? Nah. They did it because of hardware limitations. There's no such thing as accurate SNES emulation on the o3DS.

Now GBA VC not being on the 3DS outside of ambassador...that's anyone's guess :huh:

Last edited by ArtemisM,
D

Deleted User

OP
dang, that's a pity

it's a shame we didn't get more releases like that then

about the gba, didn't they give an statement at the time saying it was because of the power of the 3ds?
it's pretty dumb, they could release them as n3ds exclusives now if anything but they probably don't want to take away from how little exclusive stuff the wii u has

Last edited by ,

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Has someone tried yet injecting another snes rom into the Dragon ball Z Super Butoden 2 cia?
Just wondering, it's been out on the freeshop for a few days now

the release is just DBZSB2 from J Legend Retsuden as a standalone release
the emulator they are using is excellent, it runs Go Go Ackman 3 flawlessly!
apparently it's the same nintendo uses on N3ds, but they made it N3ds exclusive

This is important because if possible will make SNES games available for people with O3DS too, with perfect emulation and without needing Blarggsnes

the emulator they use for the famicom games is really good too, it has pixel perfect mode and no dark filter ( as far as I could tell )

well, we don't use blargsnes anymore really. snes9x for o3ds is where its at.
it really plays almost all games perfectly. there's only a handful of games that have minor issues
https://gbatemp.net/threads/snes9x-for-old-3ds.435568/

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
dang, that's a pity

about the gba, didn't they give an statement at the time saying it was because of the power of the 3ds?
it's pretty dumb, they could release them as n3ds exclusives now if anything but they probably don't want to take away from how little exclusive stuff the wii u has
I don't think so. GBA VC runs natively so compatibility and speed should be equal to the GBA. There are some limitations, namely the save chip emulation is not 100% compatible.

SG6000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
dang, that's a pity

Nah, the GBA games were a one time thing for early 3DS adopters as a gesture for them buying into the system full price. They promised that the GBA games would stay exclusive to ambassodors, and they kept their word.

Power / emulation issues don't apply to GBA VC as they're natively processed, but it is a crying shame that only the 1% of 3DS users (according to a figure pulled out of my ass but I'm sticking with) - AKA those that have CFW - can experience it in its full glory.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Push it :creep: