Hacking Injecting a 3DS VC Save into a Wii U VC Save

3DDXD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please redirect if this s in the wrong spot.

I have a N3DS running b9s and a Wii U with CBHC on it as well. I played the hell out of A Link to the Past on my 3DS and I was wondering if I can take the save from my 3DS and be able to inject it into the Wii U's ALTTP VC. If not then that sucks because I couldn't find anything in this. Thanks for all your help!

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As a general rule, an in-game save in any emulator is just that. A file that contains the exact same data that the real hardware would save. To the point that some pieces of hardware like the Retron 5 (don't buy one, they ripped off code from RetroArch core devs) use retail cartridges purely to grab ROM dumps to save to a RAMdisk, then reflash the emulator's save file output to the cartridge after playing.

There are a small number of emulators that append data to these save files - check the link in the post above for details - but the general rule is that all save files are automatically cross-compatible between emulators and also hardware. (I easily grabbed my Super Mario 64 DS save file with SaveMii and flashed it to cartridge without modification)

Just remember to get the save file, and not a save state. Those aren't cross-compatible between emulators, won't work on hardware, and even fail based on the hardware architecture the emulator is running on, if it's different to the one the state was made on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night