Injected FBI, health and safety still opens, any help ?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by lcie nimbus, Mar 18, 2017.

1. lcie nimbus
    OP

lcie nimbus 100th degree asskicker

Dec 25, 2015
    Canada
    Alberta , Canada
    1. Boot your device while holding (Start) to enter Hourglass9
    2. Go to “SysNAND Backup/Restore”, then select the “Health&Safety Dump” option to dump Health & Safety to hs.app(you can use Up and Down / Left and Right to change the name)
    3. Press (B), then select the “Health&Safety Inject” option
    4. Input the key combo given
    5. Select the FBI injectable .app for your region
    6. Press (A) and confirm to inject
    7. Press (Start) to reboot

8. so i followed these steps in the guide, and when i booted and tried it to continue with the guide , it was still health and safety instead of FBI

2. ScarletDreamz

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    make sure when injecting, dont inject the dumped health and safety, but the FBI_Injected.app can be the old or the new, depends on your 3ds version.

Doe sit give you an error when injecting?

lcie nimbus likes this.
  3. lcie nimbus
    OP

Dec 25, 2015
    Canada
    Alberta , Canada
    no, it says successful. i used the hs.app as instructed in the guide, but on the second step, it says i should select the FBI injectible for my region, but gives me only one choice. that one installed too. don't know what the problem is.

4. ScarletDreamz

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    there it is, injecting hs.app its the dumped health and safety, you need the injectable_fbi, you get a torent link on the 3ds.guide.
    So make sure you download that, and grab the files and put them on files9 folder.

The file to be injected its its not named hs.app this one its the one you dumped.

The one you need its called something like Fbi_inject_USA_o3ds.app or fbi_inejected_USA_n3ds.app something like this.

Last edited by ScarletDreamz, Mar 18, 2017
    lcie nimbus likes this.
  5. lcie nimbus
    OP

Dec 25, 2015
    Canada
    Alberta , Canada
    stupid question......should i have done this step first ?
    Section IV - Restoring the System
    If, before following this guide, you already had an EmuNAND setup and would like to move the contents of your previous EmuNAND to your new SysNAND CFW, now is the time to follow Move EmuNAND instead of doing the first four steps in this section.

1. Boot your device while holding (Start) to enter Hourglass9
    2. Go to “SysNAND Backup/Restore”
    3. Go to “SysNAND Restore (keep a9lh)”
    4. Input the key combo given, then select the NANDmin.bin image when prompted by pressing (A)
    5. Press (Start) to reboot
    6. If your backup was of a version between 3.0.0 and 4.5.0, your console will not boot until you manually download the required firmware:
      • Download this file and rename it to firmware.bin
      • Download this file
      • Copy firmware.bin and cetk to the /luma/ folder on your SD card
      • Delete both of these files after updating your 3DS
    7. Update your 3DS by going to System Settings, then “Other Settings”, then going all the way to the right and using “System Update”
      • Updates while using A9LH + Luma (what you have) are safe, stop asking about it
      • The warning about never updating a New 3DS from 2.1.0 does not apply after restoring your NAND backup.
      • If this gives you an error, set your DNS settings to “auto”
      • If this still gives you an error and your NAND is below 9.2.0, follow 9.2.0 ctrtransfer

6. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    The FBI injectible .app files only work on 11.2 or above. Update your system if you have a9lh, then try to follow the instructions for injecting FBI again.

7. ScarletDreamz

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    What version are you currently on? im assuming that since you got access to hourglass9, you do have a9lh, but, what version are you on? those steps that you put there, need to be done after installing arm9loaderhax, then you do the FBI inject.

what version are you currently on? you need to follow guides on their order...

8. lcie nimbus
    OP

Dec 25, 2015
    Canada
    Alberta , Canada
    my version was 6 something and i'm following the browser guide, it downgraded to 2 something, and now i'm doing the restoring system steps.

9. ScarletDreamz

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    well.. you HAD to do those steps, clearly the guide its steps by steps. so you needed to restore before injecting.

Start -> Downgrade -> Install a9lh -> Restore keeping a9lh -> inject FBI.

lcie nimbus likes this.
  10. Zaphod77

Zaphod77 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 25, 2015
    United States
    firmware update to 11.3. THEN inject FBI. the injectable in the guide is for firmware 11.2/11.3

11. alexg1989

alexg1989 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 23, 2010
    United States
    That's the exact same mistake I made when I modded my 2DS last week. That part of the guide should be a bit clearer..

12. Zaphod77

Zaphod77 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 25, 2015
    United States
    the guide quite clearly tells you to update sysnand using system settings before injecting FBI.

what is not clear is this.

1) under what circumstances, other then being stuck without a nand backup,actually require the 9.2 ctrtranfer? I've hacked 3 so far, and have not had to do this yet.
    2) guide does not explain that after a 9.2 ctrtransfer dsi services tend to break.
    3) guide is not very clear on what games should be used to cart update on which firmware versions.

13. Distrance

Distrance 矢澤にこ

Nov 23, 2008
    Finland
    1) The CTR Transfer page exists because in the past you had to downgrade first to 9.2, then to 2.1. Now you'll ever only need to do it if you have no backup.
    2) Agreed, but troubleshooting page has an easy fix for this. No idea why the 9.2 page can't warn about this though given that people often miss the troubleshooting page ..
    3) Why would you want to cart update in the first place?