Hacking injected emunand all my CIA are gone!!!

the3dsguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hello, I recovered my emunand to 9.5.0 using emunand tool. injected an old emunand and now all my CIA are GONE!!! why?

how do i recover my CIA, on my Memory Card the space is still utilized.

Loaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think your old emuNAND would have the tickets for the .cias you'd installed, and possibly missing other references to the files as well. I don't know if there's anything you can do besides reinstall the games. In the future maybe make more periodic emuNAND backups. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

the3dsguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
damn this sucks this is horrible! but i swear some of the CIAs I installed when I made that emunand backup....regardless.

would the save files be affected?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

how do i manually remove my Missing CIAS then, cause my memory card's space hasnt been freed to the CIAs are still installed in there.

Loaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You didn't happen to keep a backup of your previous emuNAND, with all the games working, did you? Then you could maybe replace it and your games would work again, you could back up saves, tickets, etc.

Without a backup like that, I personally don't know if there's anything you can do. I think the two save backup programs only point to installed games, but I haven't actually used smealum's svdt yet so I don't know for sure about it.

I think all you really need to do is delete the contents off of your sd card, which will all be in different folders inside one of the random named folders inside the Nintendo 3DS folder on your sd card. You could even just format your sd card and start your emuNAND over, but you should probably back up any files from your SD card that are not in the Nintendo 3DS folder so you don't need to redownload and replace rxtools/etc..

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so when i boot up title manager, they are all still there. however not on my dash.
Reinstall them (as a test try to reinstall a small CIA of an actual game) with BBM it will say something along the lines "this title already exists!" it will show up on the home menu again.

muskieratboi

Rydian's got some competition!
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you doing one of those SD card replacements for a bigger card?

Transferring your EmuNAND is only half of the job, you also need to transfer the Nintendo 3DS folder as well...

Reactions: Xenon Hacks

Athe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This happened to me when I restored an emuNAND backup I made before installing the CIAs. If you don't have one from afterwards, the simplest solution I know of is to backup the savedata you want to keep and then reinstall the CIAs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: ack slow wifi