Hacking Inject saves into injected Wii titles?

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this possible? I have games like Mario Kart Wii and Brawl on my Wii U menu and I'd like to quickly just have everything unlocked, as I personally don't want to go through the process of beating these games again just to get all of the content. Now I know obviously I can just go to the vWii and play these games with save files from the internet no problem, but that clearly lacks the ability to play with the pro controllers and gamepad, and obviously I'd like all of that as well. Now, I know you can also inject actual saves into Wii U titles via saviine, but obviously these injects don't have any saviine files to download, at least as far as I've looked, so conversely, if I can't inject Wii formatted save files into the Wii game injects, if anyone could provide me with their own save files for these specific games, if you have any, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Reactions: usmagen

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
see if you can dump a first-time save with saviine yourself and compare what gets dumped to what gets backed up to SD when you back up a wii game save, maybe you can just swap in a file and restore it with saviine.
may or may not work, but it's a start.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As the user above said, it saves to the usual location. You can use SaveGameManagerGX if you have vWii modded, or you can use Savemii Mod to import wii saves.

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As the user above said, it saves to the usual location. You can use SaveGameManagerGX if you have vWii modded, or you can use Savemii Mod to import wii saves.

Ah I see, so if I put the save I want in through the vWii, it will load the save properly when I launch the game through the Wii U menu?

Reactions: usmagen

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah I see, so if I put the save I want in through the vWii, it will load the save properly when I launch the game through the Wii U menu?
You got that right, any saves that are in vWii is what Wii VC uses. I believe you first must create save data before you can import saves. This is always the case even for 3DS and wiiu game saves.

Reactions: MikaDubbz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: