Inject NNID in luma3ds/arm9 sysnand CFW

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Kel_ven, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Kel_ven
    OP

Kel_ven Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2017
    Hello, as the title said, I have bought a used n3DSxl with an existing NNID and went on with the guide on 3ds.guide (praise the sun and the author) to fully and succesfully install the luma/arm9 cfw on my sysnand.
    Now I have discovered I can inject a new nnidsave.bin to "overwrite" the existing NNID erasing so all the traces of the previous owner. My question is: I have read that such procedure (injecting the nnidsave) is safe when done on an EMUnand... since I don't have an EMUnand anymore and I directly launch a CFW sysnand thanks to the arm9/luma thingy, is it safe for me to inject the blank nnidsave or will I brick my console? Sorry if I explained badly, I am relatively new to this stuff. Be merciful and thanks in advance!

2. squall14716

squall14716 GBAtemp Maniac

May 16, 2011
    United States
    Injecting a blank nnidsave is fine.

3. Kel_ven
    OP

Kel_ven Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2017
    Thank you very much! I'll try this evening hoping I won't do any disaster :D

any blank nnidsave.bin found on the net is ok? Will I loose saves and content downloaded from freeshop as well?

Last edited by Kel_ven, Jan 24, 2017
  4. pietempgba

pietempgba GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 9, 2016
    United States
    a blank nnidsave.bin is just 512 bytes of 0s