Hacking Inject FBI to Health & Safety

Lazyjones

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm trying to upgrade a 4.5 O3DS to 9.2. However, I can't get the FBI injected with rxtools 3.0 beta2. I got the right inject_fbi.tmp/.app (eur, v3077) and placed it on the root of the SD card.

There are no errors, injection goes through, but after launching pasta mode and opening h&s...well it's still healthy and safe.

Did I miss anything?

HariGp

Trophies
XP
Country
India
I'm trying to upgrade a 4.5 O3DS to 9.2. However, I can't get the FBI injected with rxtools 3.0 beta2. I got the right inject_fbi.tmp/.app (eur, v3077) and placed it on the root of the SD card.

There are no errors, injection goes through, but after launching pasta mode and opening h&s...well it's still healthy and safe.

Did I miss anything?
Try installing this version of rxTools(IMO The nightly versions are way better than the new BETA for O3ds): https://mega.nz/#!ohtH2IJL!JO-Msqeuq4pJNlmzArT0WRwpwVs9jQA_mxC7JK5Zcvw

Lazyjones

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Try installing this version of rxTools(IMO The nightly versions are way better than the new BETA for O3ds): https://mega.nz/#!ohtH2IJL!JO-Msqeuq4pJNlmzArT0WRwpwVs9jQA_mxC7JK5Zcvw
Thanks, but that didn't work either.
I wonder if the injection is messed up or is pasta mode not working correctly?

Edit:
According to this
https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/3kvi79/help_with_rxtools_not_injecting_fbi_over_hs/
rxtools injection only works on 9+ firmware, well tough luck.

Since there is no way to launch HBL from 4.5 the only choice to get to 9.2 would be cooking mama bon apetit, wouldn't it?

Last edited by Lazyjones,

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
FBI injection does not work on 4.5.0 systems.

You need to use the way to inject .cia games from web browser. There is a video on youtube by @DarkFlare69 on how to inject devmenu. :)
I cant link to it because it contains copyrighted material..

HariGp

Trophies
XP
Country
India

You need to use the way to inject .cia games from web browser. There is a video on youtube by @DarkFlare69 on how to inject devmenu. :)
That one where he uses Palantine CFW? I don't even know if you can find Palantine CFW anywhere Lol

Lazyjones

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

I see, thank you. Indeed it is done with Palantine, a relic of the past.
However, I just remembered I originally downgraded from 9.2->4.5 using GateWay, could have thought of this sooner :D. So I'll just restore my 9.2 nand backup.

Reactions: NoNAND

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Theres a new method for this. Just cart upgrade to 9.4 ( yeah, 9.4!). Theres plenty of games with that fw, even jap. And use pastav2 to install sysupdater cia to downgrade to 9.2 (afaik, very few titles so its safe).

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Theres a new method for this. Just cart upgrade to 9.4 ( yeah, 9.4!). Theres plenty of games with that fw, even jap. And use pastav2 to install sysupdater cia to downgrade to 9.2 (afaik, very few titles so its safe).
I think I've never heard about pastav2... What is that?

3xkrazy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just use d0k3's MiniPasta...
https://github.com/d0k3/Minipasta

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

"This is a minimalic CFW for the Nintendo 3DS console. It works only via Homebrew Launcher on Firmware versions <= 9.2. It has no EmuNAND, no unneccesary patches, no nothing except signature patching. This is not meant for daily use, but rather for some specific operations"

Lazyjones

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
just use d0k3's MiniPasta...
https://github.com/d0k3/Minipasta

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

"This is a minimalic CFW for the Nintendo 3DS console. It works only via Homebrew Launcher on Firmware versions <= 9.2. It has no EmuNAND, no unneccesary patches, no nothing except signature patching. This is not meant for daily use, but rather for some specific operations"
Minipasta works really well, I used it on an O3DS yesterday to install FBI. Worked like a charm.
However, all of that doesn't help to get from 4.5 to 9.2. Doesn't really matter though, I don't think there are many people left on 4.5 that don't own a GW (and a 9.2 backup).

Last edited by Lazyjones,

hisagishi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try using Beta1 or the latest nightly. Thats what I had to use for my recent update from 4.5 to 9.2. Beta2 didn't work for me.

I updated a couple days ago so I know it works at least. I was using a USA 3ds though. Check TMD and see if you have the correct version.

Lazyjones

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Try using Beta1 or the latest nightly. Thats what I had to use for my recent update from 4.5 to 9.2. Beta2 didn't work for me.

I updated a couple days ago so I know it works at least. I was using a USA 3ds though. Check TMD and see if you have the correct version.
So it does work afterall, interesting. I only tried 2.5.2, 3.0b2 and the nightly linked above.

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China

It does work on 4.5, but only Non-GW-downgraded 3DSes.
GW downgraded 4.X are frankenfirmwares, whose H&S isn't downgraded.

For GW downgraded 4.X, Decrypt9WIP & Universal Inject Generator manually injecting is required.

For rxTools's version choice, I always recommend 83afbb6 because later versions have lots of messup on toolkits.

Last edited by MelonGx,

JediAviator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a qustion...
I'm running 9.2x on my o3dsxl.
Exploit is thru ninjhax 2.5
Have fbi on one of my apps and everyone I run it it says: setting up...
System type:old
KOBJECT addres :FFF716D4
mapping pages for overwrite...
Overwrite complete.
Map complete.

My rx mode just autoboots into emunand and my safety app boots normally.
How do I inject or use FBI?

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Have fbi on one of my apps and everyone I run it it says: setting up...
System type:old
KOBJECT addres :FFF716D4
mapping pages for overwrite...
Overwrite complete.
Map complete.
I don't get what you say.
"Have FBI on one of my apps" - What does it mean? You launched FBI on HBL?

Last edited by MelonGx,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1