Inject FBI into emunand on new3ds (9.0.0.20-E)

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by m00k00, Sep 16, 2015.

1. m00k00
    OP

m00k00 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Hello @* :)

I've got a little problem at the moment. I'm owning a new3ds @ sysnand version 9.0.0.20-E. I've successfully used ninjhax 1 to load Gateway 3DS menu. At this point i've created a nand.dump file of my sysnand and created a fresh emunand on my microSD card. Afterwards i was able to successfully launch reinand from Ninjhax homebrew launcher, but now i'm kinda stuck. I would like to install FBI on my emunand to be able to install CIA files to the mircoSD card and use them in my emunand exclusively, but i don't know how to do it ;(

What i've tried / looked up:

- Starting ninjhax in emunand again and trying to install FBI.cia via FBI (loaded from homebrew launcher) ... unfortunately this results in a error message telling me that AM service could not be initialized.

- Tried to decrypt my nand.bin using xor pad dumped by decrypt9 via homebrew launcher ... turned out this method of replacing H&S app on the microSD card is only supported for old3ds yet.

- Trying to get rxTools (3.x) running on my new3DS ... it's not working ... all i get is a black screen

So i'm kinda puzzled now. I've got emunand running on the same version as my sysnand ... and i'm able to easily boot into it using ninjhax and then booting reinand cfw ... but i'm not able to install anything on my emunand at all, which basically renders my cfw useless for the moment.

I would be very thankful if someone of you could give me a hint on how i should proceed now to get FBI.cia installed @ emunand.

Thanks in advance and best regards :)

EDIT:

I would definitely prefer to not touch my sysnand at all (it should be a non-persistent soft-mod only) and i do NOT own a Gateway or Sky3ds flashcard at the moment ... all i've got is Cubic Ninja and a DSTwo SuperCard flashcard.

2. Dean_

Dean_ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 11, 2014
    Run PastaCFW and run ninjhax again to install FBI using FBI.

Of course this method installs FBI on the sysnand, but you can backup sysnand and inject nand partition to SD card.

3. m00k00
    OP

m00k00 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Wow, that was fast :)

I guess though, that i've edited my posting too late ... from my understanding PastaCFW will write directly to sysnand ;/

Thanks for your suggestion, though :)

4. samiam144

samiam144 RĂ©gulier

Aug 19, 2007
    Canada
    There's no other way to do it currently, I think; you have to install it to sysnand first. But maybe you can use CakesFW on Emunand without firmlaunch/firmware spoofing and run Ninjhax from there, I haven't read of anyone doing this though, so give it a try.

5. m00k00
    OP

m00k00 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Thanks for your reply. i really consider trying this, but right now i've got problems to find the correct 9.5 encrypted firmware.bin to get CakesFW up and running ;/

6. samiam144

samiam144 RĂ©gulier

Aug 19, 2007
    Canada
    It's on that iso site, the path is:

Forum -> Chat Section ->CFW Discussions -> CakesFW - Open Source CFW with emunand support!

7. m00k00
    OP

m00k00 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2015
    Gambia, The
    got it now. cant wait for tonight ... until i can try it. thanks a lot! :)

[EDIT]

Tried Cakesfw now ... unfortunately it did not really help that much. I've now found out that when i update FBI to the newest version i get another error message:

I turns out that i'm not the only one facing that problem currently (http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-fbi-open-source-cia-installer.386433/page-76#post-5672792), so my guess is, that it's maybe just an FBI bug and has nothing todo with the cfw at all? Thanks for all your advices though, very much appreciated!

Last edited by m00k00, Sep 16, 2015
  8. Ninoh-FOX

Ninoh-FOX Otaku Gamer!!

Jan 22, 2015
    Military base.
    FBI injector not is compatible with new3ds, the cia only works with old 3ds model (for now), if you like have FBI cia in emunand, first install FBI in sysnand on sdcard with pasta cfw, late create emunand.

9. nacimem

nacimem Member

Newcomer
    Feb 9, 2015
    France
    Can I install FBI on my sysnand through fbi on my emunand ?

10. calebsw

calebsw GBAtemp Regular

Jul 25, 2015
    United States
    You won't be able to install anything through FBI on emunand. The only way to do it is to have your nands linked, and you can install FBI or devmenu/bigbluemenu on sysnand, and it'll be available on emunand as well.