Hardware Inject a custom game inside a 3DS cartridge

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stupid question. I want to inject a custom/modified .cia, or something similar into a cartridge, replacing the game with a new one.

As far I know, 3DS (And pretty much all of the) cartridges are ROM, Read Only Memory, so you can't write stuff into them.

So, I want to know if there's an alternative way to do it. Like, purchasing a programmable cartridge.

Why I would want to do this? I mean, I can already install games into my console and add romhacks. But I can't do the same in other people consoles...
Here's my evil plan. My plan is to make a romhack of Zelda Majora's Mask with modified dialogs, textures, music, maps, models, etc (I already know about rom hacking, so there's no problem for me)... To just make it scary, to just make the player think "The hell is happening here? The game is more creepy than I remember".

Then, write that romhack into a cartridge, sell it in a "Sell your second hand stuff!" webpage, meet the person in real life to give the cartridge (Yeah, that's how some of "Sell your second hand stuff" webpages actually work) and then say "Don't worry, it's free. Don't pay for it". And after that poor person starts to play, boom, a cool creepypasta in real life, or probably a trauma.

Obviously, I won't do it, but I'm just curious to know if you can actually do something like this and purchase a non-ROM cartridge.
Sky3ds or stagnate3ds

JakeThePirate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry for late reply) there are actually cartridges that have multiple games and it uses sd card so inject the sd card into your PC and add games it depends GBA DS not 3ds (sadly) it just cost 12 dollars in our country which is 600 when converted into peso

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry for late reply) there are actually cartridges that have multiple games and it uses sd card so inject the sd card into your PC and add games it depends GBA DS not 3ds (sadly) it just cost 12 dollars in our country which is 600 when converted into peso
Yea it's called a flashcart

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.