Hacking Initializing Network...net_init failed: -116

maxshiff

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been following the Simplistic Mod as posted here. Before I started, I've done plenty of reading, and spent the better part of a day reading up to familiarize myself with all the terminology surrounding the mod itself. I was able to follow the ONLINE method where I was able to take my NAND backup, and then run Trucha Bug Restorer for the first time. When I come to run it for the second time to install the patched IOS36, I get this error:

7:34pm: Initializing Network...net_init failed: -116
Error reading IOS into memory
IOS36 installation failed.
Press any button to exit...

Does anyone know what could cause this? Is there a way around this other than to try to follow the OFFLINE method?

Regards,

Max...

KennyLeam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maxshiff said:
I've been following the Simplistic Mod as posted here. Before I started, I've done plenty of reading, and spent the better part of a day reading up to familiarize myself with all the terminology surrounding the mod itself. I was able to follow the ONLINE method where I was able to take my NAND backup, and then run Trucha Bug Restorer for the first time. When I come to run it for the second time to install the patched IOS36, I get this error:

7:34pm: Initializing Network...net_init failed: -116
Error reading IOS into memory
IOS36 installation failed.
Press any button to exit...

Does anyone know what could cause this? Is there a way around this other than to try to follow the OFFLINE method?

Regards,

Max...

Obviously make sure your connection settings work. I had to retry 2-3 times due to random fails with the network. My wii is very near my wireless but for some reason its wireless isnt very reliable.

trcmag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having issues hacking my third wii.

When restoring the Trucha Bug I get this error after trying to downgrade IOS15

"initializing Network...net_int failed -116"
"error reading IOS into Memory"
"Downgrade failed"

I Download IOS from NUS

When I try from sd card the files will not open.

I am using the Modify 4.2 instructions from this web site.

I don't know how to get around this.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
error -116 means that your internet connection doesn't work
and you have to change it in the wii settings

or you can follow an offline guide
tongue.gif

scooterjones

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Upon attempting to reinstall my cIOS using the guide the person above mentioned, I noticed my microSD card would not show the proper betav10 to install, but I noted that my USB drive did show the options but it wouldn't install through USB.

When I bought a new microSD card, comparing it to my old one, I found a TINY black knob with rubbed off lock icon, I completely overlooked my SD adapter was in the locked state, I guess these adapters aren't idiot proof.

I believe I installed the cIOS with the adapter under the locked position, or locked it shortly after.

Currently the VBA emulator now works, my wbfs that didn't work before now run, and not64 is running again. I honestly think it was only that stupid lock switch that screwed me up. Attempting to load large amounts of data to see if I run into any further errors. But as of right now, it seems to be working 100% perfectly.

I installed a cIOS on slot 251 because a YouTube video told me to a while ago, should I worry about this or just ignore it?

I'll update on further progress later tonight, thank you. -Still trucking along perfectly :)

Last edited by scooterjones,
Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM