Init Wbfs ... system hangs

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Sicotic, May 20, 2010.

May 20, 2010

Init Wbfs ... system hangs by Sicotic at 4:31 AM (2,076 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Sicotic
    OP

Newcomer Sicotic Newbie

United States
    As I stated in the title, my Wii keeps hanging at Init Wbfs... when I use USB Loader GX newest revision. Tried an older revision, didn't work either. Any other backup loader just freezes when attempting to access the USB drive. It's a PNY Attache 16GB flash drive which is listed as working on the compatibility list.
    I followed messys guide completely as my system is a 4.2.
    Flash drive is inserted to the correct usb port. Right one when looking at the back of the wii.
    Flash drive is formatted to WBFS format and I transferred over an iso backup of Super Mario Galaxy using WBFS Manager 3.0.

I've been at this for literally 4 - 5 hours. Please help.

2. Lomax

Newcomer Lomax Member

Australia
    Here are some simple checks:

Make sure no other USB devices are plugged in (i.e. USB NIC).
    Try the other USB port.
    Go to your Wii settings and REMOVE ANY NETWORK CONNECTIONS DEFINED (Wired or Wireless).

3. pepxl

Member pepxl GFX W!Z4RD

United Kingdom
    wrong port, needs to be in the bottom port(Wii laying flat), left port(wii standing up)

4. Sicotic
    OP

Newcomer Sicotic Newbie

United States
    So I removed everything then reinstalled it all using ShadowSonic2's guide. It still stays stuck on init wbfs, but removing the usb and plugging it back in and waiting the 30 seconds (Waiting for your slow USB device) gets me to another screen that looks like its trying to open USBLoaderGX. It's a Wii looking menu but now it tells me No USB Device Found and it gives me the options of cIOS222 or cIOS249 or back to wii menu. I have tried either of these and none work to detect my usb. Strange part is that the disc drive lights up to blue on the wii when i plug in my USB and that blue light turns off when i disconnect it... so I'm positive the Wii knows my USB is in there.

No other USB devices are connected.
    All wireless connections have been removed.
    Other USB port doesn't work either.

5. Sicotic
    OP

Newcomer Sicotic Newbie

United States
    Just went out and bought a Western Digital 250GB My Passport External HDD
    I'm gonna go ahead and set this up and test it out to see if this one works better.

6. WiiCrazy

Member WiiCrazy Be water my friend!

Turkey
    Did you install cios36 rev9? If yes, then possibly because of that...