Not open for further replies.

BlackTearsX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nepal
Since the 3DS has a Infrared Port would it be possible to send different IR signals of that through a Homebrew?
So it would act like a TV remote... just with almost infinite buttons (Or as much as the IR Ranges go).

Thanks in advance and i hope it would be possible!

Reactions: Seriel

Hopalongtom

Trophies
XP
Country
Biggest issue I've read is that the 3DS's infrared isn't powerful enough so won't have a good enough range to work as a TV remote, which is a shame as the Wii U is GREAT at acting as a Telly remote!

ringo1206

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing it's possible, but the Nintendo 3DS IR receiver/transmitter is VERY low powered. I've seen it through my camera as I was using my NFC Reader/Writer.

Reactions: SomeGamer

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the 3DS infrared is not on the same wavelenght that IR remote for TV.
if it's higher, it could probably be modulated to lower it, but I'm not sure it's possible.
I have an universal IR receiver I could use to do some tests if needed, but I have a O3DS. I can't test N3DS homebrew.

I'll close this thread, it's the second one in a week about the same subject. please use the main IR thread linked above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality