Hacking Infrared downloads on original R4 with DS lite

Mihosan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have the latest version 1.46 & actually have tried many versions with my R4 on DSlite.
But cannot download events via Infrared,albet pokemon.
any ideas as to why? Have tried changing all the settings etc

Mihosan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can relate to what metaknight says,but many friends say they are having no probs with R4dsi & other cards etc.for downloading via infrared?
To Cuber...There are 3 events now avail in Kyushu,Jpn. I downloaded one WC to my real game cart & terminated before getting the other 2 by mistake.
Now I cannot get the other 2 WCs.
I cannot see how project pokemon can help me.But I shall listen to further advice.

Mihosan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for double posting!
I has been a few years since I collected events. Those days we had pokesav,PCDs & PGTs . Now PGFs? Pokegen?
Project pokemon was a not such a good place to be at,then.
The likes of some obnoxious beings ( polyhack,sabre something) who were always hacking out things like unobtainable coloured events & also USA ,korean events ,which discredited the site severely for the real collector.
Has this site transformed itself?
I am open to new ideas.

ItsMetaKnight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I too don't like the thieves at ProjectPokemon. All they do is taking credit for other people's collections.

Back to topic: There is absolutely no way you can receive these infrared events with a flash card.

D

Deleted-236924

Mind explaining how they are taking credit for "other people's collections"?

Also, @Mihosan , I don't know where you're getting your "information", but they never hacked unobtainable shiny events.
As a matter of facts, posting hacked events on there is strongly frowned upon.

And I don't know about you, but .pgf and PokéGen are vastly superior to PGT/PCD and Pokésav.
Besides, they had to move away from PGT/PCD due to the way Gen V handled wondercard events.

"which discredited the site severely for the real collector"
What is that supposed to mean?
If you take pride in obtaining data in a more difficult manner, it's not our problem.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I can relate to what metaknight says,but many friends say they are having no probs with R4dsi & other cards etc.for downloading via infrared?
That is not possible. The IR is hardware, not software.

Do you mean WiFi instead? WiFi does work. IR does not, and I don't know of any events done via IR anyways.

D

Deleted-236924

Or what about Wireless?
(Many events in Japan are distributed via InfraRed, btw.)

Mihosan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a flashcart available that is capable of downloading from IR?

The Japanese seem to be able to download 3 pokemon events (only available at random/ once per 1 game!) on perhaps single rom savs x 3 (I doubt they are using original game carts) ,then with some simple hack, turn the 3 WCs into shiny event WCs

Any ideas?.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
The Japanese seem to be able to download 3 pokemon events (only available at random/ once per 1 game!) on perhaps single rom savs x 3
ONCE AGAIN, I'm not aware of any events done through IR. All the ones I've seen are WiFi.

then with some simple hack, turn the 3 WCs into shiny event WCs
There's tools to transfer pokemon from a game cart to the computer for editing it.
http://gbatemp.net/topic/285318-sendtake-pkm-files-tofrom-retail-games/

Mihosan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thx Rydian. In Japan,there are an increasing number of IR events. try clicking on the link from Cuber in his post above and you will see all the Kyushu bullet train events are IR.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you sure? An IR event would be painfully slow, having to connect to every single person's DS via IR. It's most likely done via WiFi (locally, like DS download play).

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Ah, I wasn't aware that the B/W carts actually had IR, didn't think they'd have a reason to since they didn't come with accessories, and like Wizerzak said, that would mean that all communication would have to be done line-of-sight.

Anyways, no way to do IR at all on any flash cart that we know of, use the kind of tools I linked to transfer stuff off and onto an actual cart.

Mihosan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeh, It is painfully slow changing gamecarts etc , but it seems like all the events in Kyushu Japan,now, are IR, even the pokemon center events.

Yes,that is right..like Wizerzak said, that means that all communication has to be done line-of-sight.

Another rumour has it that the event may be shiny, if it is a rainy day. I will test this tomorrow as the forecast is for rain.
Is this a sign of the future?
To get flash carts out of event collecting!

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeh, It is painfully slow changing gamecarts etc , but it seems like all the events in Kyushu Japan,now, are IR, even the pokemon center events.

Yes,that is right..like Wizerzak said, that means that all communication has to be done line-of-sight.

Another rumour has it that the event may be shiny, if it is a rainy day. I will test this tomorrow as the forecast is for rain.
Is this a sign of the future?
To get flash carts out of event collecting!

wow.... WiFi would be SOO much easier. :blink:

Mihosan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
We really should not be surprised!
Did not nintendo test out IR well with pokewalker in HGSS?
AS you people tell me,no flashcart has IR ability..
even a after a few years of testing by nintendo? They are a few steps ahead by now!
One of the most useful points of a flashcart with pokemon is for collecting events

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't consider IR to be advanced technology. I mean, there was IR on the gameboy color, back in 1998. IR on B/W appears to be for c-gear as well (which, now that I read that, explains why flash cart users got crashes when trying to use some of the functions in the first dumps).

Outside of a limited use for the pokemon games, there's not much use in putting IR on flash carts. I mean I wasn't even aware that events were done via IR, haven't heard of that in places other than japan.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol