ROM Hack INFO ONLY Pokémon HG/SS AP

Status
Not open for further replies.

korb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I imagine based on the direction these threads have gone recently, this might be locked or killed, but it seemed worthwhile.
I was hoping someone (from those who've seemed to post with any kind of knowledge/reliability, Squall, baldymcbald, & ctr3k from this forum would be ideal, though I guess there are a bunch of others looking at the roms/working on patches who I don't know) might give a quick update of what looks like happening with a fix?
If this could be stickied it would maybe (hopefully) reduce the number of idiotic, incoherent "me wantz pokemanz" and "me found a patch" threads, but also there have been some pretty significant-seeming advances in the understanding of the anti-piracy measures, that those of us who are waiting to play it (and some, at least, legitimately also intending to buy the games when they are released in their countries) would like to better understand.
If people who know (i.e. no-one basing their "information" on random non-working patches or what they've gleaned from DS hacking threads in the past two days) could answer some, or all, of these questions, and any others that seem relevant, this thread might be a useful sticky? Or at least moreso than the current "fuck off pokénerds learn to hack/read nubz" sticky that's up there at the moment.... I'll edit answers into this post if the thread survives.

Is a universal patch still being worked on, or are most realistic efforts being abandoned in favour of waiting for individual firmware upgrades? (This affects everyone interested in terms of the wait, but R4 users especially as they'd have to otherwise wait for the game's official release.)

Are any of the non-patch, non-firmware fixes, like a homebrew that limits access to the

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=213959

Somebody beat me to it, I didn't close this one
tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum