Hacking Discussion Info on SHA-256 hashes on FS patches

shadow256

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Someone know how to create "content check patches" for fs_patches like it's done from the version "12.1.0-0.19.5-r2" on ITotalJustice sig_patches page cauuse the python script doesn't make them?

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Cheers mate, when you can be bothered the windows exes would be appreciated too.
I'm updating the scripts to make them better, I've completed the FS script now to make sure it finds the exfat + fat files easier and carries out checks on them and then when it writes the patches.ini it says what one is for fat and what one is for exfat. I'm also making a new script for ES beta patch because instead of needing to patch in 3 places, it only patches in one which makes it easier I guess. When I am finished I will post these scripts along with new windows files.
There's no time when I will post these, i'll post when I'm done and have tested them.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Here's new python scripts which now make FW patches the same as what's released by ITotalJustice, this is to ensure people are using the same patches. I added the extra patch that he/she has but I am not sure what It does as on that github it doesn't say and decompiling the binary files and checking the decompiled code is beyond my skill level.

ES patch script has been updated, but I kept the old patches as these work well for now and the new single beta patch is still experimental as far as I know. Remember and fill in keys.dat with your own keys.

Attachments

• AutoIPS-Patcher.zip
    190.1 KB · Views: 107

profd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If we are recompiling AMS to support higher memory clocks do we need to go thru the whole process of generating these patches or can we take a shortcut?

profd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If we are recompiling AMS to support higher memory clocks do we need to go thru the whole process of generating these patches or can we take a shortcut?
For the benifit of others who may be on the journey of recompiling atmosphere for some reason (for me it was memory overclocK).

All I needed to do was run option 1 on my recompiled package3 file and add this patch to my other patches. All the firmware patches can remain stock so it's pretty simple.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Uploaded correct file with proper debug strings, this file uses wildcards for finding ES patch 3, hopefully this should be more compatible with never firmware updates without needing to update the scripts.

How are the ES patches being loaded or run when booting through package3 and Hekate?
The patches.ini file for Hekate seems to only include the FS and Loader patches, but it has no mention of the ES ones.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
How are the ES patches being loaded or run when booting through package3 and Hekate?
The patches.ini file for Hekate seems to only include the FS and Loader patches, but it has no mention of the ES ones.
Probably have a look on Atmosphere-NX gihub to find out, Fusee.bin is being either injected directly as a payload or is being run by Hekate so you are loading it whatever way you boot, during the boot process (as far as I know), package3 gets extracted in memory and run - and looks for sha256 named files, if they match firmware files those addresses in the ips patches get applied to firmware. As for hekate - you are still booting Atmosphere via it so es patches are applied via Atmosphere-NX so no need to put those in the ini file that hekate uses.

https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/blob/master/docs/components/fusee.md

Last edited by mrdude,

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Alternative ES patcher.

As some may be aware new beta ES patches from itotal justice only patch in 1 place now. I made this script to try and automatically find the address and write an ips patch automatically for these new beta patches so they are the same as itotal justice patch for newer firmware. If you have trouble using the previous es patch file I posted above, you can try using this as an alternative way to patch. Both files generate different ips patches but they should do the same thing.

Attachments

• ES-Alt.zip
    3.1 KB · Views: 40

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning