info on Crimson Shroud eshop release via scene?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by IMRAN_PETER, Jul 22, 2014.

1. IMRAN_PETER
    OP

IMRAN_PETER GBAtemp Regular

Jul 17, 2013
    Bulgaria
    Meadow
    So, buddies, any info on when Crimson Shroud eshop version will be available by scene in .3DS format?

2. justln

justln GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 16, 2013
    Nobody except the dumpers themselves know. If you're desperate for the game then just buy it?

3. bartimeaus91

bartimeaus91 Stanza Blot Burls Rocks. Meaningless? Maybe not.

Banned
    Apr 4, 2014
    United States
    Because Yo ho ho and Arrrr me mateys?

4. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Gambia, The
    is that that dice game? dont get it, its not very interesting. you do the same thing in every other battle and then theres that luck element to it. better get that attack of the friday monster game

5. ScarletCrystals

ScarletCrystals Useless Bunny of Paradise

Apr 9, 2010
    Canada
    Bamboo Forest, Gensokyo
    Crimson shroud is awesome.
    I was born too late for tabletop rpg and it still gave me nostalgia rush (somehow).
    It's such a shame that they can't make a full game out of this.

6. RJ Sly 95

RJ Sly 95 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 5, 2010
    Because we can't. It's an eshop-only game.

I'm not interested in it but there's still a handful of lesser known eshop games I'd like to play but it's unlikely that will ever be dumped ( likeJett Rocket 2 and Mario vs DK)

7. justln

Aug 16, 2013
    So why can't you buy it? Is it already taken down from the eShop?

By dumpers I mean scene groups who have the tools/knowledge to do so, not people who just use the gateway exploit to do so.

8. ScarletCrystals

ScarletCrystals Useless Bunny of Paradise

Apr 9, 2010
    Canada
    Bamboo Forest, Gensokyo
    Because you need to be on emunand 8.x to access the eshop. Or you need to update sysnand to 8.x. Which you wouldn't do if you have a 4.5 3ds.

9. RJ Sly 95

Dec 5, 2010
    Exactly.

10. Quicksilver88

Quicksilver88 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 26, 2013
    United States
    I would think both those games Mario vs DK and Jet Rocket 2 will both get dumped eventually as they are good games and not totally obscure. I really enjoyed Steam Word Dig that was recently dumped, I would have never tried the game if not for it being dumped, and it is awesome. I am going to buy it for WiiU when it releases and also look forward to purchasing their upcoming projects..........I wish we knew more about how they dump eShop games as I have an OFW 3DS with tons of content on it that I would love to be able to dump to contribute to the scene......

11. RJ Sly 95

Dec 5, 2010
    Well you may be right, I bought Steamworld Dig itself some time ago (on Vita) because I was thinking the same thing I thought about MVSDK and JR2. :lol: Not regretting it though, it was cheap and great.

12. justln

Aug 16, 2013
    Ah, totally forgot about emuNAND eShop thingie.

13. zhdarkstar

zhdarkstar GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    There's no such thing as being born too late for tabletop rpg. You just need to find the right group. See if there's a PFS (Pathfinder Society) game near you. It's Paizo's organized play for Pathfinder.

As for Crimson Shroud getting dumped, that's up to those who have the capability to do so. As much as I would like for the method to go public, I'm glad it hasn't so Nintendo doesn't immediately develop a countermeasure. Patience is key to the longevity of the 3DS scene.

14. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    of course you can, make a nand backup, update to official firmware the REAL nand. buy the game, play the game. make a 8.x nand backup
    when you want to switch to gateway or the game just restore the appropriate nand backup...

please note, you also probably need to switch\backup internal sd card.

this gives you a lot of work, but its possible.

15. RJ Sly 95

Dec 5, 2010
    I don't know about the OP, but I have a clone cart, which doesn't feature emunand. So I can't.

16. IMRAN_PETER
    OP

IMRAN_PETER GBAtemp Regular

Jul 17, 2013
    Bulgaria
    Meadow
    agree with you. Guess will have to be patient...:)