gokujr1000

OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare publisher Activision has repeatedly stated that Infinity Ward is doing fine since heads Vince Zampella and Jason West were ousted from the company early last year. A report on the LA Times' Company Town blog, however, tells a different story -- according to the piece, both Sledgehammer Games and Raven Software have been tasked with helping develop the next, still unannounced Modern Warfare title, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.

"People familiar with the situation" claim that Sledgehammer is working with the remaining staff at Infinity Ward on developing the game's single-player campaign, while Singularity developer Raven Software is in charge of bringing up the multiplayer side of things. The sources also contend that, like past Call of Duty titles, MW3 is expected to ship this November. Additionally, Sledgehammer is said to have halted production on its own spinoff Call of Duty title in order to help IW out.

Update: Activision issued a comment in response to the LAT piece, stating, "There's been much specultion recently. We look forward to releasing details for the next Call of Duty in the near future."

icon11.gif
Source

Anyways I think that they should have just dropped Infinity Ward from the Call of Duty series and moved on with Sledgehammer's MMO. Honestly we don't need a new FPS from the same franchise every year. If they had an Fps 1 year then an MMO the next it would give players a good 1-2 years to spend on a game rather then having to fork up cash every year.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dude, the world has been getting annual updates since Call of Duty 2. That came out 2 years after Call of Duty 1. Ever since then, same month for every release every year.

We also don't need a new Guitar Hero or new Tony Hawk every single year, but Activision has been doing that too. They seriously tapped their innovation keg dry over there. It's actually become a stupid joke now. And people still buy millions of it yet it's all essentially the game. There's no updated visuals, there's nothing innovative again in the series. At least Halo games weren't released annually (except for ODST/REACH). But fuck balls. Black Ops came out 3 months ago and they're already talking and hyping up the new MW game coming this November?!

Fuck you Activision. Fuck. You.

Also, if they said all the time that IW was still in great shape, why are they bringing in two different studios. Perhaps to fix the online that they're incapable of (both IW and Activision), and maybe add a little something new to the series? One can only pray. One can only pray that they don't lie to us and say "Yeah, IW is in great condition still" and then have to hire 2 other companies to help make a game.

gokujr1000

OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
ShadowSoldier said:
Dude, the world has been getting annual updates since Call of Duty 2. That came out 2 years after Call of Duty 1. Ever since then, same month for every release every year.

We also don't need a new Guitar Hero or new Tony Hawk every single year, but Activision has been doing that too. They seriously tapped their innovation keg dry over there. It's actually become a stupid joke now. And people still buy millions of it yet it's all essentially the game. There's no updated visuals, there's nothing innovative again in the series. At least Halo games weren't released annually (except for ODST/REACH). But fuck balls. Black Ops came out 3 months ago and they're already talking and hyping up the new MW game coming this November?!

Fuck you Activision. Fuck. You.

Also, if they said all the time that IW was still in great shape, why are they bringing in two different studios. Perhaps to fix the online that they're incapable of (both IW and Activision), and maybe add a little something new to the series? One can only pray. One can only pray that they don't lie to us and say "Yeah, IW is in great condition still" and then have to hire 2 other companies to help make a game.

I agree with you 100% that's why I think Infinity Ward should just be dropped from CoD.

Also I remember when there was talk about releasing a Halo Game once a year. It seems everything is just getting milked like no tomorrow and there is nothing fans can do about it except wait for a smart move which is never going to come :/

mangaTom

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Modern Warfare is the only thing I liked about Call of Duty series. I played WaW and BO, they're good but not good enough for me.I'm not really into FPS,I just love to play games.Sad to say that IW "disbanded" now,they're one of my favorite devs out there.

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mangaTom said:
Modern Warfare is the only thing I liked about Call of Duty series. I played WaW and BO, they're good but not good enough for me.I'm not really into FPS,I just love to play games.Sad to say that IW "disbanded" now,they're one of my favorite devs out there.
I agree I loved the Modern Warfares Games. I can't stand playing Black Ops anymore.

lordrand11

The Wheel of Time Turns and Ages Come And Pass.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkLG said:
mangaTom said:
I agree I loved the Modern Warfares Games. I can't stand playing Black Ops anymore.

Personally I didn't care too much for MW or MW2 It felt too much like playing Counterstrike and not enough like playing an independent game Black Ops feels more like its own game than those two.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1