Infinity 2.0 released for the PSP, allows for persistent CFW on all models of PSPs on 6.60 and 6.61

41O8cJVu2uL._SR600,315_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Scene dev Davee, known for their work in regards to creating various tools for the PlayStation Portable and PlayStation Vita, has graced the PSP scene with one final contribution. Released today is the 2.0 update to Infinity, a homebrew that lets you keep your custom firmware on your PSP, even after you've rebooted, meaning once you've installed a CFW, it'll be persistent. Infinity 2.0 supports PSP's on firmwares 6.60 and 6.61, for every hardware revision and model, even the notorious PSP Street. You can grab the official download on Davee's site, or through their GitHub, both of which are linked below. Instructions are fairly simple, requiring you to simply copy the provided EBOOT.PBP file to your PSP and install the application.

Installation
To install infinity you must be on either firmware 6.60 or 6.61. If you have an old version of infinity (< 2.0), then you must uninstall it first by using Chronoswitch 7 or higher.

Download and extract the latest version of infinity. The extracted contents should be:

• standard folder containing the tool for non-PSPgo models.
  • pspgo folder contain the tool for PSPgo models.
  • README.md this readme file.
  • LICENSE a copy of the MIT license covering this software.
Instructions for PSP 1000, 2000, 3000 and Street
Browse into the standard directory in the download and copy the file EBOOT.PBP to the PSP/GAME/UPDATE folder on your PSP. If this folder does not exist you may need to create it.

Instructions for PSPgo
Browse into the pspgo directory in the download and copy the file EBOOT.PBP to the PSP/GAME/UPDATE folder on your PSPgo. If this folder does not exist you may need to create it.

Instructions for all PSP models
Once the correct EBOOT.PBP file has been copied to your PSP, you can run the application to install infinity to your device. Re-running the application after installation will allow you to select which custom firmware you want enabled. You will need to run the installer for the custom firmware before enabling it within the infinity app.

Infinity supports both PRO and ME custom firmwares. Consult the installation material for theses custom firmwares for further instructions.

:arrow: Source
:download: GitHub

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
@Windows_10_User VSH menu works fine,i had the old infinity on 6.6.1 then i used chronoswitch7 to reinstall official 6.6.1 & installed infinity 2.0.3 everything works as before,the only difference is latest infinity is much easier to install. infinity Dev is very clever guy

Windows_10_User

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
@Windows_10_User VSH menu works fine,i had the old infinity on 6.6.1 then i used chronoswitch7 to reinstall official 6.6.1 & installed infinity 2.0.3 everything works as before,the only difference is latest infinity is much easier to install. infinity Dev is very clever guy

I also had the old Infinity on OFW 6.61, used Chronoswitch to reinstall OFW 6.61 next and then installed the latest Infinity.

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This is cool, but what benefit is there to upgrading from LME permanent 6.20?
The same ones of going from unmodded 6.20 to unmodded 6.61 (chiefly TLS 1.0 support for a few more websites including accessing the PS Store, and proper (no spoof) support for the very last releases)

Reactions: Alexander1970

simbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The same ones of going from unmodded 6.20 to unmodded 6.61 (chiefly TLS 1.0 support for a few more websites including accessing the PS Store, and proper (no spoof) support for the very last releases)
Wait.. the PSP Store is still online? Didn't know there were any games that need spoofed on 6.20.

Edit: Actually now that I think about it, I do remember setting up spoofing in LME.. not sure it was actually necessary for any of my games though.

Last edited by simbin,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Wait.. the PSP Store is still online?
Sure! You can't freely browse it (no huge loss - you can do that more efficiently from a PC) but you can open the purchase history and download
Didn't know there were any games that need spoofed on 6.20.
Yep, there are some titles with a minimum version higher than 6.20 (though I don't personally know of any - mostly Japanese releases)
(6.61, apart from adding TLS 1, fixed such a game)

Reactions: StrayGuitarist

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I'm talking about the 300X. Didn't the Pandora Battery not work on there? And I remember the warnings about Infinity 1.0 possibly bricking your PSP if something goes wrong.

Yeah, good thing those downgrading times are over now.
The bricks happened if you downgraded, but if you were between 6.2 and 6.4 already there was no risk for bricking. Pandora Battery worked for everything and it downgraded without risk of bricking compared to the other methods that had a risk on the 300X and up (8g and up, so 3000-3004/E1004/Street) models. All PSPs came with 6.4 tops pre-installed, so you needed PB only if you had upgraded, but even without it, downgrading was still possible with only ~0.1% chance of bricking (it became 0% around the moment 6.60 Pro-B9 rolled out), much lower than the 3DS's in the a9lh era (~0.8%).

anyone actually try using their psp since installing this new version of infinity?

I am having a problem, not sure the best place to report it.

the first version of infinity with that latest pro cfw..all my homebrew worked after installing it. (the installer used a fusion 6.31 and 6.61 pbp files if u guys remmeber).

followed the instructions got the new infinity working, but after infinity is running, no homebrew works. (at first i was stupid and forgot to enable pro cfw). so i did that, but then when infinity 2+pro cfw is running at the same time, homebrew dont work but ISO/CSOs work just fine.

i have a bad feeling that only isos were tested and not homebrew.

even things like running the pro cfw "homebrew" a second time doesnt even launch it, it just crashses the psp and i have to turn it on.

to ensure that it isnt related to 6.61 and pro cfw..i removed infinity 2 with chronoswitch and went back to stock 6.61, then ran pro cfw without infinity. and all the homebrew works.

so i've definitely isolated it down to infinity being the problem.

i am using a PSPGO with infinity 2.0.3

anyone can relay the info to davee or does anyone have anything else i can try?
About this and for anyone having problems with homebrews, EVERY SINGLE NEW CFW VERSION breaks compatibility with homebrews and you have to get an updated version of homebrews, IF there even is one, reason in my earlier post I said you should stick with what you have if you already have CFW. Hell, even things like 6.60 Pro-B10 being as ancient as it is still doesn't have anywhere near as good compatibility as Pro-B9 (10 breaks animated themes for example).

Reactions: THYPLEX

silvershadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The bricks happened if you downgraded, but if you were between 6.2 and 6.4 already there was no risk for bricking. Pandora Battery worked for everything and it downgraded without risk of bricking compared to the other methods that had a risk on the 300X and up (8g and up, so 3000-3004/E1004/Street) models. All PSPs came with 6.4 tops pre-installed, so you needed PB only if you had upgraded, but even without it, downgrading was still possible with only ~0.1% chance of bricking (it became 0% around the moment 6.60 Pro-B9 rolled out), much lower than the 3DS's in the a9lh era (~0.8%).

About this and for anyone having problems with homebrews, EVERY SINGLE NEW CFW VERSION breaks compatibility with homebrews and you have to get an updated version of homebrews, IF there even is one, reason in my earlier post I said you should stick with what you have if you already have CFW. Hell, even things like 6.60 Pro-B10 being as ancient as it is still doesn't have anywhere near as good compatibility as Pro-B9 (10 breaks animated themes for example).

thank you.

Davee responded as well. in my case, it was cwcheat plugin that i had turned on that i didnt even realize.

i am using the same CFW in this case, it wasnt a new one, it was a new infinity, which seemed unrelated as infinity is not a custom firmware.

JCR1

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have this questions for my PSP go
With this the pause game feature is persistent like in 6.20 cfw? Or erases it after is loaded?

And which is the best firmware for psone games? I can't run worms Armageddon and rayman 2 is very slow

Garirry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Last time I tried installing Infinity on a 3000 I bricked the system. The installer was a complete mess and on top of having redundant steps like forcing you to copy the special flash that the program creates into another folder for no good reason, it doesn't actually verify the file prior to flashing it, so when the copying failed because the USB transfer is buggy as hell, it errored out after beginning the flash and offered no recovery other than restarting.

I hope to god this is more stable, although I probably won't use it on my new 3000 anyway. Great to hear about the E1000 compatibility though.

Reactions: THYPLEX

StrayGuitarist

A genuine feline disaster.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WHOO! GOTTA GRAB MY PSP..!

Oh, yeah, lost the charger.. and since it's a 1000 series, the screen ghosts like a motherfucker..

.. Just remembered that's why I stopped using it..

... Time to prowl eBay and the trading forums for a used PSP Go..

Reactions: Alexander1970

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a PSP 2000 with a dead drive which I'll be updating the mods on and also a PSPGo, my broken PSP3000 :( and my virgin 1000 will remain as they are. Unless I can fix the 3000.

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When I try to run Chronoswitch on my PSPGo it just says fails to load the game with an error code.

I just want to fix the resume funtion, help please.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @ZeroT21, not yet