Indivisible finally has a release date, set for later this year

Indivisible has been a long time in the making, having been announced in 2015. The game managed to raise its crowdfunding goal of $1.5 million on Indiegogo, and was slated for a January 2018 launch. It was then delayed to 2019, and now, finally, 505 Games and Lab Zero have locked-in a definite release date. Indivisible will launch for Xbox One, Steam (Win/Linux/Mac), and PlayStation 4 on October 8th (Or the 11th, if you're in the EU). A Nintendo Switch version will also be available, though not until later, closer to the end of 2019. 505 Games will be publishing a physical copy of the game on consoles, which will retail for $39.99.

Described as a platforming-action RPG, Indivisible is developed by the team behind Skullgirls, and features a turn-based combat system which is inspired heavily by Valkyrie Profile. Indivisible also boasts completely hand-drawn graphics and cutscenes, which can be seen in the newly uploaded trailer, above.

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Well, it really does plays like Valkyrie Profile from the looks of it. And art style isn't half bad, I could even say I'm interested.

Also if you nostalgic for VC's gameplay, there is also nice game called Exist Archive from the same developer.

Necron

Lurking~
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I like that the news emphasizes the heavy inspiration from Valkyrie Profile, from the platforming+RPG elements to the battle system. This will be a purchase from me, as I love that series and the demo got me right away.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Looks like a shitty pile of shit

Video games need some quality control
i could say the same about thread replies :tpi:

Why the disdain? From what I've seen the game looks at least competent.

Reactions: NativeCode

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
oh, nice, I always wondered if the game would stay in alpha or be release one day.
You could (still can, probably) find a playable demo on PSN. it even has a hidden boss (good luck to find/beat him)
it's nice and refreshing once you get used to the battle system (ala valkyrie profile, even more action based than turn based).

Last edited by Cyan,

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks amazing. Perfect game for the switch but i hate thats its coming to the switch later, Any word on cross saves?

After what happened to the Switch version of Bloodstained, fuck, the framerate on a certain near-the-end-of-the-game boss fight on either of the PS4 consoles (WTF is the point of the PS4 Pro, really?) and other weirdness, I think the game should have been given a delay, especially the Switch port. Yeah, I know a lot of people getting the game were gonna get it on that system to begin with, but it's on them if they get spoiled. The only reason I didn't have issues with the game initially was that it came out on a busy weekend for me when it comes to work and other responsibilities, so I played it on my PC via GOG (good thing they didn't BTFO with EGS and Deep Scam) without experiencing the save game bug with some items necessary to complete the game being locked behind treasure chests that were open at the start of a playthrough, but came in early enough to where item pickups would get stuck on ledges (thankfully it gives you the item if you walk far enough away from it or enter another room, but this still looks bad), there apparently being a bug where Miriam could become "invincible" if you abused a certain move that, when combined with one of the yellow Shards made it so you didn't die at zero health and you'd continue to take damage and be able to play the game as if you were invincible!

Like, I'm glad I got to play the game, but if you had to ask me, with how incomplete the game felt, both from glitches, optimization, and the rushed endgame (
Why half ass the alternate castle segment by having the final boss in a frozen cave area that's clearly, along with the uninspired area before it full of some of the laziest enemy choices (why are palette swapped enemies a thing in a bigger budget lawyer-friendly Metroidvania) I've seen, supposed to be an alternate version of the garden and water cave areas when it feels like there should be more to this Demon-Realm-Castle-Whatever-Anime-Thing-Place is supposed to be? I thought the point was to be a game that would be SOTN if it were made in 2019 with a budget, but what do I know about game development and audience expectations?
, this game should have had some time to cook longer. Like, if it was a 2020 release, they made some more assets, polished things up, maybe optimized whatever their workflow was for the Switch better so it wouldn't be such a bad mess? This game wouldn't be such a cautious recommend. Like, it's not a bad playing game on PC per se, it just has a lot of things that you'd think Igarashi and co. would've caught in development assuming his company isn't just an idea pitching agency like Inafune's scam was!

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
to all the whiny folks.
the dev is lab zero, the same people that made skullgirls, not 505 games.
I think lab zero has proved that they know what they do. and even when I can't care less about the switch I'm sure they'll make it work with at least a decent level of performance on that shitty hardware.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
to all the whiny folks.
the dev is lab zero, the same people that made skullgirls, not 505 games.
I think lab zero has proved that they know what they do. and even when I can't care less about the switch I'm sure they'll make it work with at least a decent level of performance on that shitty hardware.
lol that's even worse.
Look at the trash that Skullgirls is...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Hmmm for me it's probably F-Zero X at least in my top 3