Indie open world game 'Sable' launches today

able.png

Indie developer Shedworks' open world exploration game Sable launches today on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and PC. The team released a new trailer to mark the occasion:

Sable is an evocative coming-of-age tale of exploration and discovery set on a beautiful alien planet. As the young Sable, you’ll set out on a deeply personal journey and traverse a strikingly rendered open world filled with ancient monuments, ruined architecture, fellow nomads, and wrecked ships fallen from the cosmos.

Some of Sable's features include:
Explore at your own pace! You’re free to climb, leap, hover, and glide as you desire.
Drive and customize your own unique hoverbike across a vast landscape.
Meet and help other nomads, and discover secrets and collectibles around the world.
Solve puzzles to earn rewards -- or don’t! It’s up to you what you want to do as you forge your path through uncharted terrain.
Experience an incredible original soundtrack by hit indie artist Japanese Breakfast.
Sable is available as of today on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and PC for $24.99. It is also free to download with Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Game Pass for PC.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

TonyMax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting art and music made me look more into this, and reviews are pretty positive. Anyone already pick this one up?

Cid2mizard

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The game is great, the map is gigantic, I played several hours, too bad it is only in English... I'll wait for an update to resume the game...

ChiefReginod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good game aside; why do most games nowadays look and play like BOTW?
I think BotW just set the precedent that it's okay for modern open world games to have cel-shaded style graphics. It's also easier/cheaper to produce assets in that style. It's maybe similar to how pixel art is the de facto 2D indie art style since hiring outside artists is very expensive.

Gameplay-wise, I dunno.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RichardTheKing @ RichardTheKing:
    Wait, Switch Online now has Super Mario 64, right?
    Gift
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    i really hate to say this but
    Gift
    i dont think it does
    Gift
    Huh, makes sense; they did sell that through the 3D All-Stars collection.
    Gift
    Which, last I heard was removed from the eShop...so they might as well offer it again, I guess...
    Gift
    Will they use the same Shindou-translated ROM, or the original English ROM?
    Gift
    googling it, it seems that mario 64 is on the service
    Gift
    in japan they use the shindou version apparently but in the states and elsewhere they use the original rom
    Gift
    oh boy oh boy oh boy i sure do love living in japan and being a mario fan, i just got the new expansion pack, i cant wait to do some bljs!
    +1
    Gift
    From what I've heard about the Expansion Pack, the emulator used has some noticeable input delay and/or lag...would BLJs even be possible?
    Gift
    Apparently Nintendo adapted the 3D All-Stars emulator, instead of their old Virtual Console emulator - or, if nothing else, copying what fans have done.
    Gift
    from what i can seem to gather there's some issues but nothing dramatic enough to severely impact what you're playing
    Gift
    honestly the whole expansion pack confuses me since i thought the nes/snes games were just a neat little bonus
    Gift
  • El_Doot @ El_Doot:
    wait julie your bf is a femboy holy shit im jealous
    +1
    Gift
  • AkiraKurusu @ AkiraKurusu:
    So many planes flying overhead, and they sound close...
    Gift
  • DJPlace @ DJPlace:
    do you need friends to play the games online for the switch exapsion pack i know snes and nes do.
    Gift
    @El_Doot well hey hot people do get more benefits in life
    Gift
  • J @ Jephter:
    Please I need help with this. I just homebrew my old 3ds console and downloaded a CIA file, but after surfing through for only 10 sec or less this appears. please can someone help me? Thank you in advance.
    Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Start a new thread in the 3DS board, the chat box is not the best place to ask for such advice.
    Gift
  • Gift
    A week ago I got a payment request, through PayPal, from "[email protected]", who wanted US$64.
    Scam? Cancelled it anyway.
    Gift
    The note added to it simply said "Lucky Charms?", too.
    Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    They're all after your Lucky Charms.
    Gift
  • Gift
  • Hayato213 @ Hayato213:
    at least lucky charm is quite popular, probably my favorite cereal.
    Gift
    Hayato213 @ Hayato213: at least lucky charm is quite popular, probably my favorite cereal.