Indie open world game 'Sable' launches today

able.png

Indie developer Shedworks' open world exploration game Sable launches today on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and PC. The team released a new trailer to mark the occasion:

Sable is an evocative coming-of-age tale of exploration and discovery set on a beautiful alien planet. As the young Sable, you’ll set out on a deeply personal journey and traverse a strikingly rendered open world filled with ancient monuments, ruined architecture, fellow nomads, and wrecked ships fallen from the cosmos.

Some of Sable's features include:
Explore at your own pace! You’re free to climb, leap, hover, and glide as you desire.
Drive and customize your own unique hoverbike across a vast landscape.
Meet and help other nomads, and discover secrets and collectibles around the world.
Solve puzzles to earn rewards -- or don’t! It’s up to you what you want to do as you forge your path through uncharted terrain.
Experience an incredible original soundtrack by hit indie artist Japanese Breakfast.
Sable is available as of today on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and PC for $24.99. It is also free to download with Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Game Pass for PC.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

TonyMax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting art and music made me look more into this, and reviews are pretty positive. Anyone already pick this one up?

Cid2mizard

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The game is great, the map is gigantic, I played several hours, too bad it is only in English... I'll wait for an update to resume the game...

ChiefReginod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good game aside; why do most games nowadays look and play like BOTW?
I think BotW just set the precedent that it's okay for modern open world games to have cel-shaded style graphics. It's also easier/cheaper to produce assets in that style. It's maybe similar to how pixel art is the de facto 2D indie art style since hiring outside artists is very expensive.

Gameplay-wise, I dunno.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over