Hacking Indexiine: Load CFW "during" boot and offline without a VC DS Title.

Jonhyjp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys please check out https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-indexiine-installer.561332/ a very simple way to install this exploit~!

Indexiine is a way to load any existing cfw (mocha, haxchi) without accessing any webpage, or self hosted webpage. Infact, you can launch Indexiine without any wifi access point at all. (you need to be able to launch the original homebrew methods: mp4 or jstypehax, so you need internet or self-host to set this up priorly)

The way Indexiine does this, is by changing the internet browser home page, to JumpCallPop's JSTypeHax, special thanks to him of course, and dimok!

obs: anytime i say mocha in the following guide, it can be changed to haxchi or any other CFW, but i only tested on mocha and exactly how it is presented in the guide.

This exploit might not work on lower than 5.5.2, as of this guide the most recent wii u update 5.5.4 is safe, so you can just update your wii u if this exploit doesnt work.

Guide:

• Step 1: Safety Measures
  1. Before installing indexiine, make sure you set your wii u browser homepage to any other page than the default page. To do this, access any webpage and without closing the browser, open the mii channel then close the mii channel... Thats it!
  2. Be aware that you will modify the system browser, which means, if anything goes wrong, you might not be able to open the browser anymore, and considering that the browser exploit is the only way to restore the original browser files, you will have a SOFT-BRICK however, this soft brick will only brick you out of any homebrew content that needed CFW to be ran (and ran from the browser ofc), your original games will work regularly, but you wont be able to launch the system browser anymore.
  • Step 2: Preparing your SD Card
  1. Download Mocha CFW and place it in the root of your SD Card to have the following structure: wiiu/apps/mocha
  2. Download payload.elf and place it in wiiu/
  3. Download WUP Installer MOD Y, and place it in the same structured way: wiiu/apps/wupinstaller
  4. Download FTPiiU Everywhere, and you guessed it: wiiu/apps/ftpiiu_everywhere
  5. Download the Homebrew Launcher Channel files, and create a new folder in the root of your sd card named Install, inside that folder create one named hb and place the files there.

• Step 3: Installing the Homebrew Launcher Channel
  1. Now that you have your SD Card ready, insert it into your wii u and launch the system browser.
  2. Go to the following webpage: u.wiidb.de and click HAXX (any JSTypeHax page works, even self-hosted ofc)
  3. You should now be on the Homebrew Launcher, with 3 apps, mocha, wup installer, and ftpiiu. Launch Mocha.
  4. After launching Mocha, open the Homebrew Launcher again, by running the exploit webpage again, or launching the mii channel, depending on the webexploit you used.
  5. On the Homebrew Launcher, launch Wup Installer MOD Y
  6. It will already be on the hb folder by default, if thats your only folder inside "Install". Follow the instructions on screen to install the Homebrew Launcher channel in the system memory or USB, by preference.
  • Step 4: Modding the System Browser
  1. Launch the Homebrew Launcher, just like we did in step 3, using the web exploit of your choice.
  2. Launch, on the Homebrew Launcher, the FTPiiU Everywhere app. (Make sure you are running Mocha, this wont work without CFW.)
  3. Open Windows Explorer, or your ftp explorer of preference, and open the ip you see on the gamepad/TV with the prefix ftp (ftp://192.168.1.XX:21)
  4. You will see a bunch of folders, open storage_mlc/sys/title/00050030/1001210a BIG NOTE: the title 00050030 and 1001210a were used for my USA console, this address might be different on other regions, and i only have tested this exploit on USA
  5. You will see 3 folders, code, content and meta, open content
  6. On content open pages
  7. Backup the file index.html by creating a copy anywhere safe
  8. replace index.html by the Indexiine html file. (its a slightly modified version of exploit_WORKING.html from JsTypeHax)
Thats it!, now all you have to do is launch the system browser, and click the little blue door to go to the default page.. wait for arround 10 seconds, and it will launch the Homebrew Launcher. if everything worked out properly, repeat step 1, but set the default page as your homepage.

• Step 5: Running CFW slightly after Boot
  1. On your SD Card, replace the files in wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher with the Mocha files, (or your CFW and even app of preference)
  2. Go to your wii u system settings, and on power settings, enable quick boot menu (make sure you have properly set up DNS to block nintendo updates or any simillar measure)
  3. Now when your wii u starts, you can select the browser icon, wait a few seconds, and it will launch your CFW/app of choice, without internet, or self hosting, or access points.
Conclusion

Altought this method isnt a truly persistent install of any CFW like CBHC, its a simpler and cheaper way to launch haxchi/mocha without any further set-up, meaning you can go, as an example, on a trip with your wii u(even tho nobody uses the wii u anymore), and use your homebrew apps, and channels that need signature checking; offline, without the need of hosting anything on your phone. You also dont need to type in an url everytime, or wait for any page to load, since the exploit is being loaded locally.

Thats it! I know this new method of using existing exploits isnt anything special, and the wii u is dead, but i just wanted to share this for anyone who falls into the very specific niche of needing to use homebrew offline without buying any VC DS game.

Last edited by Jonhyjp,

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really understand why anyone wouldn't go all the way through and install CBHC on their Wii U at this point, but i am aware these people are out there, and for the people that don't want to spend like $6 or $7 on a DS game, I guess I can kinda understand what the appeal of something like this is. Certainly not for me with my persistent CBHC, but it's still just great to see people continue to work on Wii U content within the hacking/homebrew scene.

Jonhyjp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
and for the people that don't want to spend like $6 or $7 on a DS game, I guess I can kinda understand what the appeal of something like this is
In my country those 6 dollars arent cheap(at least not for me), so i developed this.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Because you have signature patches directly after a boot
I wonder if using the quick boot menu, you can mod the system menu or anything that needs cfw to load the menu, but still not brick by launching the system browser before the menu.

Jonhyjp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is this compatible with 5.5.1?
AFAIK JSTypeHax was made to be compatible with 5.5.2
But i think it works with 5.5.x

If u.wiidb.de works, this hax will work, just make sure you have the correct files on your SD
(It wont work if it cant find hb launcher or cant mount for random reasons[sd cards are delicate])

Last edited by Jonhyjp,
Reactions: jeannotte

Jonhyjp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Update: Im currently trying to boot the wii u into the system browser and it works, but mocha freezes befre applying patches(actually, the sd card doesnt mount before launching the system menu iirc), if i get this figured out we could truly get cbhc without a ds vc title.

I completed Step 4 successfully, but clicking the little blue door doesn't cause Mocha to launch.
just wait 10 seconds.

Last edited by Jonhyjp,
Reactions: CORE and jeannotte

Jonhyjp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It doesn't launch, regardless of how long I wait.
Do you see a little gray square when you load the default page? It should pop for a second over your favorites. If you dont, try step 4 again, ftpiiu is a little unstable sometimes and doesnt actually overwrite files even if it said so.
(you can test this by copying the index.html file from your wii u system folder and editing it to see if it matches the index file provided on this guide)

It doesn't launch, regardless of how long I wait.
I forgot a step RIP
put payload.elf on the wiiu folder in the root of your sd card

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you see a little gray square when you load the default page? It should pop for a second over your favorites. If you dont, try step 4 again, ftpiiu is a little unstable sometimes and doesnt actually overwrite files even if it said so.
(you can test this by copying the index.html file from your wii u system folder and editing it to see if it matches the index file provided on this guide)
FTP isn't the problem. The index.html on the Wii U is the modified version, not the old version.

There is no little gray square on the default page. My favorites are always entirely visible. When checking the name of the homepage tab by clicking the tabs button, it says Error Code 112-1037.

I forgot a step RIP
put payload.elf on the wiiu folder in the root of your sd card
I had already added that step. It's not the problem either.

Edit: I'm on 5.5.1, if that's an issue.

Last edited by Lacius,

Jonhyjp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
FTP isn't the problem. The index.html on the Wii U is the modified version, not the old version.

There is no little gray square on the default page. My favorites are always entirely visible. When checking the name of the homepage tab by clicking the tabs button, it says Error Code 112-1037.

I had already added that step. It's not the problem either.

Edit: I'm on 5.5.1, if that's an issue.

Weird, iirc 1037 generally means the browser couldnt load the page, which generally means nintendo did some patching to stop pages like this from being loaded or theres just a mistake in the file that made it unreadable to the browser, but im on 5.5.2 and it works(maybe my 5.5.2 is 5.5.0 spoofed and i forgot)...

Weird, iirc 1037 generally means the browser couldnt load the page, which generally means nintendo did some patching to stop pages like this from being loaded or theres just a mistake in the file that made it unreadable to the browser, but im on 5.5.2 and it works(maybe my 5.5.2 is 5.5.0 spoofed and i forgot)...

Can you run u.wiidb.de ? i remember some people saying wiiuexploit.xyz returned 1037, ill do some research on that.

Last edited by Jonhyjp,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Can you run u.wiidb.de ? i remember some people saying wiiuexploit.xyz returned 1037, ill research on that.
u.wiidb.de works just fine.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mentioned that haxchi can be used with this but my question is how would you load up haxchi cfw with this if you can't launch it from homebrew launcher? Haxchi cfw is loaded up by launching the DS VC app from the home menu itself. In that case, haxchi users wouldn't need a modified browser at all, so this method is essentially only good for non haxchi users who only ever use the browser exploit.

This'll be great for my friend who I helped recently, doesn't have haxchi. Thanks for writing this up, very useful expoit!

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mentioned that haxchi can be used with this but my question is how would you load up haxchi cfw with this if you can't launch it from homebrew launcher? Haxchi cfw is loaded up by launching the DS VC app from the home menu itself. In that case, haxchi users wouldn't need a modified browser at all, so this method is essentially only good for non haxchi users who only ever use the browser exploit.
You're right that nobody with Haxchi/CBHC has any real use for this, but it's technically true that this can be used to launch the Haxchi CFW instead of Mocha.

Reactions: Jonhyjp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Water park was quite fun