Hardware Incorrect battery monitoring

Ttm3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a switch that works great but the battery doesn't report correctly. It will go from 100% to 50% in about 10 min. I attempted to let it drain till it shut off & it rapidly decreased battery percentage but then sat at 1% for about an hour before shutting down.

So far I've replaced the battery, bq24193, fuel gauge, m92t36.

Is there a way to reset/calibrate the battery? I couldn't find anything in hekate. If I check the voltage the battery is definitely not draining as rapidly as the switch thinks it is.

Ttm3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Solved!!

I had 2 of these doing this. They stopped charging at 85-90% I thought it was a hardware problem with either the m92, bq24, or the fuel gauge. I changed each out more than once and nothing changed.

What I did was:
Change the settings that let the switch go into sleep mode.
Turn the switch on and let it sit till it dies (alternatively you could just play the switch till it dies)
Charge it overnight or for about 6 hours roughly
Rinse & Repeat

I did this 3 times with each console and both seem to report and work perfectly now. I did reinitialize one console but I don't think it was necessary. I know it's not good to completely discharge the battery but these console would report 100% to 1% in about 30 min then it would sit at 1% for hours. My logic may be flawed but I was trying to get the switch to learn where the top & bottom limits of the battery were so I wanted to let it die then charge it to 100% then let it sit on the charger for at least another hour.

Hope this helps someone

Reactions: r5xscn

dqrx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Solved!!

I had 2 of these doing this. They stopped charging at 85-90% I thought it was a hardware problem with either the m92, bq24, or the fuel gauge. I changed each out more than once and nothing changed.

What I did was:
Change the settings that let the switch go into sleep mode.
Turn the switch on and let it sit till it dies (alternatively you could just play the switch till it dies)
Charge it overnight or for about 6 hours roughly
Rinse & Repeat

I did this 3 times with each console and both seem to report and work perfectly now. I did reinitialize one console but I don't think it was necessary. I know it's not good to completely discharge the battery but these console would report 100% to 1% in about 30 min then it would sit at 1% for hours. My logic may be flawed but I was trying to get the switch to learn where the top & bottom limits of the battery were so I wanted to let it die then charge it to 100% then let it sit on the charger for at least another hour.

Hope this helps someone

When you say "let it sit till it dies". Did you start charging once it has the red battery indicator flashing and then black screen?

Ttm3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you say "let it sit till it dies". Did you start charging once it has the red battery indicator flashing and then black screen?
No. I let it stay on till the battery died& shut off. Then fully recharged. I did this 3 or 4 times

popy

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Had this 2 times. My trinket with fusee suite has 3 battery options for such issues. Selecting the first two (something like reprogram fuel gauge) fixed it for me.

Without the time consuming hassle of charging, discharging...

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A6013 mit Tapatalk

Last edited by popy,
Reactions: Ttm3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Apply snorgle to pinfor.