Inconsistent saving w/ EZflash 4 Lite

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by hamsterhead, Oct 23, 2006.

Oct 23, 2006
  1. hamsterhead
    OP

Newcomer hamsterhead Newbie

I recently got both my girlfriend and myself the EZFlash IV lite cards. She's been complaining that sometimes she will save a game and when she goes to load it, it won't load up properly...it doesn't save and is still back at the last time she saved and not her most recent save. This doesn't always happen...in fact, I'd say it happens less often than it doesn't happen, but it's very frusterating to her. Has any one ever had this problem or have any idea on how we might fix it?

(as a note I haven't noticed this problem, but I really haven't played all that much, so it's possible I just haven't encountered it yet but will eventually).

2. skywarp

Member skywarp GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It's probably due to pressing buttons while the EZ4 is loading up, preventing the previously used save from being copied from the SRAM.

3. Elrinth

Member Elrinth :Master beyond your imagination:

Sweden
    you may not press any button during startup cause that's the moment where EZ4 saves your save for real [​IMG]

even if u pressed a button by accident. you can restart your ds and the saving will be done once again. make sure it gets it's time for saving.

4. skywarp

Member skywarp GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Ok look, lets say you play some Castlevania, save your game turn off the DS. Next day, you turn on your DS, while the EZ4 is loading you touch the screen or push the button(I forget which it is) to cancel the save transfer without realizing it, than you proceed to play a different game like the new Super Mario Bros., save your game in that, than restart your DS. Your latest Castlevania save will be gone because it never had a chance to be written to the SD, and was overwritten by another game in the SRAM.

5. yee

Member yee DOTA 4EVER

Canada
    True that.

Also, you can switch the saving to obliged saving. That way, the EZ4 will never cancel saving or stop saving if you press a button.

6. hamsterhead
    OP

Newcomer hamsterhead Newbie

Thank you all so much. I think that's the problem!