Incognito_RCM - wipe personal information to reduce risk of ban

Incognito_RCM

since Incognito by blawar doesn't work on vanilla atmosphere, I made a payload to use with hekate (or any other payload injector) with the same functionality.
Incognito_RCM wipes personal information from your Nintendo Switch by removing it from prodinfo.

Functionality:​
  • wipe personal information on sysnand/emunand
  • backup prodinfo from sysnand/emunand
  • restore prodinfo to sysnand/emunand
Since NAND memory is encrypted, this is based on shchmue's Lockpick_RCM to first get the neccessary encryption keys.
You can apply Incognito_RCM directly after installing atmosphere or any time after and it has the advantage that you don't need to set 90DNS after an internet connection and possibly communication with nintendo servers is already established. (You can apply 90DNS anyway)

This has only been tested by me on firmware 8.1.0, so please test it and report back.
Since it has only been tested by me, keep a hekate nand backup ready to be safe.

source: https://github.com/jimzrt/Incognito_RCM
releases: https://github.com/jimzrt/Incognito_RCM/releases

Disclaimer:
This is early stage and there is no guarantee that everything works as expected! Please have a hekate NAND backup ready!

Screenshots:
main.png
incognito.png

backup.png
restore.png

Changelog:
v0.6.1
  • bugfix: write to emummc instead of sdmmc
v0.6.0
  • incorporate hekate & lockpick_rcm changes
  • reboot to payload
v0.5.1
  • firmware 9.1.0 support
v0.4.0
  • adopt lockpick_rcm and hekate changes (includes fixing of possible bugs and better resource management)
  • reduced payload size
  • use tui progressbar
v0.3.0
  • more error handling
  • backup validation when reading and writing
  • retry up to 5 times when reading and writing before aborting
v0.2.0
  • more validation
  • code cleanup and refactoring
v0.1.0
  • much faster read and write speed (not sector by sector anymore)
  • much more validation and verification (still not perfect)
  • more error handling (still not perfect)
  • backups aren't overwritten, old backups are renamed
  • check for backup before applying incognito
  • auto-restore backup if something goes wrong
v0.0.2
  • Removed external libraries and better handling of reading big chunks of memory.
as always, have a NAND backup ready!

Last edited by jimzrt,

scandal_uk

Not Really There
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I found this by google and confirm still works on fw 10.2.0

suggestion: this should be on the front page
It's not possible unless I release another one altogether. I tried to reach-out to the original author back in May (I don't want any credit for anything), but it is what it is. I do hope he's OK!

Last edited by scandal_uk,

Wvrd182

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Guys, is there any Incognito RCM version that I can run on my Mariko? I accidentally did the stupid thing of running incognito while on sysnand without a nandbackup and now my switch wouldn't boot past joycon logo. Tried genuine boot and stock OS boot in SXOS but no dice.

I've tried the below and not working:
- tried various incognito RCM payload via sxos payload loaded in recovery (none booting)
- tried to push payload via tegrasmashrcm but it just keep hanging

I hope there's a way for me to restore back the prodinfo i backed up :(

Last edited by Wvrd182,

HenryMin

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Guys, is there any Incognito RCM version that I can run on my Mariko? I accidentally did the stupid thing of running incognito while on sysnand without a nandbackup and now my switch wouldn't boot past joycon logo. Tried genuine boot and stock OS boot in SXOS but no dice.

- tried various incognito RCM payload via sxos payload loaded in recovery (none booting)

No you can't run RCM payloads on Mariko, and you should not use incognito on mariko.
You can't inject payloads because all of them is designed for Erista, and RCM exploit (fusee-gelee) is patched.
If you have biskeys, you can restore PRODINFO you have. But if you don't, I think you should wait for Lockpick_RCM mariko support.

Reactions: HollowGrams

Wvrd182

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
No you can't run RCM payloads on Mariko, and you should not use incognito on mariko.
You can't inject payloads because all of them is designed for Erista, and RCM exploit (fusee-gelee) is patched.
If you have biskeys, you can restore PRODINFO you have. But if you don't, I think you should wait for Lockpick_RCM mariko support.
If I get the biskeys someday after using lockpick_rcm mariko in the future when that's released, what can I use to restore the prodinfo?

Muxi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@scandal_uk Would you please update this excellent tool for use under FW 11.0.0? Many thanks in advance!

Edit:
I managed to make the necessary adjustments for FW 11.0.0/11.0.1 myself and compile the payload with the current libnx. If you like, you can download the v0.6.7 here.

Attachments

• Incognito_RCM.zip
    53.4 KB · Views: 299
Last edited by Muxi,
Reactions: scandal_uk

Wvrd182

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia

@scandal_uk Would you please update this excellent tool for use under FW 11.0.0? Many thanks in advance!

Edit:
I managed to make the necessary adjustments for FW 11.0.0 myself and compile the payload with the current libnx. If you like, you can download the v0.6.7 here.

Just update on my situation. I have tried using the one that Muxi compiled. Tried loading via SXOX payload menu and through Hekate's payload but both just show black screen.

Hopefully i can restore back my prodinfo back to my bricked switch. I have tried latest release for mariko lockpick_rcm but it isnt able to generate my full keys so hope is on Incognito RCM update for me now

Muxi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just update on my situation. I have tried using the one that Muxi compiled. Tried loading via SXOX payload menu and through Hekate's payload but both just show black screen.

Hopefully i can restore back my prodinfo back to my bricked switch. I have tried latest release for mariko lockpick_rcm but it isnt able to generate my full keys so hope is on Incognito RCM update for me now
Do you use a Mariko revision? I don't think Incognito_RCM can be used under it!
I hope @scandal_uk will continue this project, because my programming skills are unfortunately not enough for deeper customizations.

Last edited by Muxi,

Ottorocket

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It's not possible unless I release another one altogether. I tried to reach-out to the original author back in May (I don't want any credit for anything), but it is what it is. I do hope he's OK!
Apologies asking this here but googled everywhere. Using your incognito, the menu mentions ‘No emuMMC config found’ and I can backup sysNAND but not emuMMC. Any advice and fix? Thx in advance.

Muxi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Any advice and fix?
Incognito looks for an emummc.ini that is present in an emuMMC folder in the root of the SD card for an emuMMC created via Hekate. An SX OS emuNand is not supported! However, it is possible to apply Incognito_RCM to an SX OS partition emuNand by modifying the emummc.ini. I have attached the necessary data here.

Attachments

• boot_emuMMC.zip
    667 bytes · Views: 216

scandal_uk

Not Really There
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Apologies asking this here but googled everywhere. Using your incognito, the menu mentions ‘No emuMMC config found’ and I can backup sysNAND but not emuMMC. Any advice and fix? Thx in advance.
Did you set up emuMMC on your SD card?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I hope @scandal_uk will continue this project
I will update the project later today.

Reactions: Muxi

Muxi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have released v0.6.7 which supports FW 11.x
Obviously there is a problem with your v0.6.7 release, because it is not possible to create a backup of the sysNand prodinfo. After the biskeys have been read out, the subsequent check does not continue and 5 attempts are started, but they are not successful. This problem does not exist with my edited version.

Attachments

• 20201223_141824.jpg
    20201223_141824.jpg
    954.2 KB · Views: 179

scandal_uk

Not Really There
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Obviously there is a problem with your v0.6.7 release, because it is not possible to create a backup of the sysNand prodinfo. After the biskeys have been read out, the subsequent check does not continue and 5 attempts are started, but they are not successful. This problem does not exist with my edited version.
Do you want a job as a tester?

The underlying Hekate code has changed a lot and this project follows those changes, so although I have not modified any of the backup code it must have been affected by the changes in Hekate. I will have a look at that right away.

scandal_uk

Not Really There
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I test everything, as far as possible, that is included in the tools in the CFW compilations I support, in order to be able to guarantee their function completely.
I tested restoring from files but just didn't check the backup, it was the only thing I think I missed - I just wasn't ready to make this release yet (I am also working full-time on a totally separate project).

Version 0.6.8 has now been released and addresses this issue.

https://github.com/Scandal-UK/Incognito_RCM/releases

Last edited by scandal_uk,

Pgdollar88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been reading through this thread and am still confused.

I did not check my serial number before I successfully (according to the Incognito menu) applied Incognito. Now my serial number is still present, but is the prefix with 00000000001. Is that what is supposed to occur with Incognito? The tutorial I was following said that the serial would be completely blank.

Nix_Lon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Been reading through this thread and am still confused.

I did not check my serial number before I successfully (according to the Incognito menu) applied Incognito. Now my serial number is still present, but is the prefix with 00000000001. Is that what is supposed to occur with Incognito? The tutorial I was following said that the serial would be completely blank.

I assume it's a bug: Release v0.6.4 · Scandal-UK/Incognito_RCM · GitHub
Later builds of the Incognito_RCM forks seems to fixed that issue already.
Releases · Scandal-UK/Incognito_RCM · GitHub

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs