Gaming Inchworm...

4ppleseed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
inchworm_logo.gif

Check it out!

Wow, this is looking very cool. A 'pro' DS paint program.

Watch the tutorials for more info. Very cool stuff including Layers, fills, Animation (onion skin) plus loads more.

Rhuarc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering the same thing. Are the files going to be saved in a format that is acessable on the PC, or are they going to be special files that you will have to upload in order to use. They may use some type of a subsription model for that. I really hope they sell this standalone, and make so that I could easily put pics on my PC and open the up in any editor like photoshop.

One thing I didn't see that is supported by the program Colors! is the pressure sensitivity of the touch screen. In Colors! you can have the thickness or the opacity or both change depending on how hard you press.

4ppleseed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
But can you get the files off the cart and onto a PC?

Yep, watch the WEB tutorial, you upload via WiFi. You can even have your own 'studio' on the Inchworm website for people to see your stuff.

The brush, opacity effects etc of Inchworm are much more advance than anything else on the homebrew painting side of things. The thing I really like is you can have the canvas much bigger than DS screen and move around and paint plus the painting behind and grid stuff is very useful.

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
This looks pretty cool! I'd definitely get it. Shame you can't get your pics of the cart without Wi-Fi though. Hopefully they'd make an offline way to retrieve you pics by the time it is released. A USB connector or a built-in MicroSD reader or something.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh fantastic! I was beginning to wonder if it'd dropped off the face of the earth, glad it's still around and the site's been updated. It looks amazing, the number of features is just insane. Much love for the pixel art grid and layer support. I think Colors will still be the application of choice for painting-type work, but this one'll be great for precision stuff. If it ever makes it to UK shores I'm so getting this
smile.gif

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Non-homebrew"? What is that supposed to mean?

While it does look quite nice, I'm almost positive this is being developed in unofficial tools, and not Nintendo's devkit.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Phidias was pretty nice (and fun to use), this looks like it'll blow it out of the water.

*Hopes to beta test*

MagNetCZ

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'd rather buy the rom to have the FAT saving possibilities.
But as said already it still seems colors will be better for painting, since it has the soft brush, UI highly specialized just for painting, FAT access and most of all, pressure sensitivity.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Westside said:
What I am wondering is should you choose to draw with fraction of a pixel, how the hell would it display properly? Or would it actually be distorted?
Run that by me again, where did this "fraction of a pixel" idea come from? I have never known a drawing program attempt to do that, because no screen would actually be capable of displaying it. It makes no sense.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2::tpi: