Inception

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone seen it?

i thought it was a good movie, everything i hoped a movie would have (though lacking in comedy for my taste.)

I didnt quite get the ending. The top was still spinning so does that mean that he is still dreaming or what?

Infinite Zero

Almost!
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
where did you watch it? SM MoA? ATC, etc?
smileipb2.png

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
great movie. 2 1/2 hours flew by with so much going on.

the top spinning at the end left us hanging... it started to teeter a bit and then the credits came up so we dont really know if he came out of the dream or not (although I don't think he did)

jan777

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Infinite Zero said:
where did you watch it? SM MoA? ATC, etc?
smileipb2.png

Oh lol. Im in Canada nao. haha

@Old8oy.

yeah. it was like, not one moment was dull. the only other movie i watched that really kept me on the edge of my sit was Th Dark Knight.

jan777

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Infinite Zero said:
Aw... U in Canada?
cry.gif

Btw, it looks very interesting. Might watch this
smile.gif

Yeap, Arrived like, 4 months ago. lol

And Yeapx2 this is a must watch movie.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Infinite Zero said:
it's never been legal to watch a movie, especially a new one on the internet

No, just no. Try searching "Supersize me" on youtube.

SPOILERS:

@OP:
I found it to be an interesting movie. I think the top was a metophor for how the main character doesn't care anymore. Earlier in the movie he would spin the top and ONLY pay attention to that and take a deep sigh of relief. But that time he spun it and didn't even pay attention to how it played out.

Either that or he knew it wasn't a dream because he saw his kid's faces. Because if you noticed the top wasn't HIS totem, it was his wife's. And in all of his dreams he never saw his kids faces. So my guess is seeing his kid's faces are his totem.

Also there were about 5 layers of dreams at the end:

Rainy Streets > Hotel > Arctic > Limbo 1 (falling buildings) > Limbo 2 (beach + Chinese room + old Chinese guy)

The one thing I didn't get is why the sub-conscious would still attack the original dreamer (like the original dreamer for the arctic was Fischer, but he was still attacked).

OH, and did anyone notice that we never learned the main characters name? Maybe we did but I just can't remember.

Logan 5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@DeltaBurnt:
He didn't look at his kids faces when he was dreaming b/c he didn't want to forget about his real kids and get lost in the dream like his wife. I.E. seeing and being with his kids in the dream would dull his motivation to get back to his real kids.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hot Damn!! I just went and saw the movie with my girlfriend!! The movie was pure genius. all that I expected from the writers of the Dark Knight and more!! Basically: "The Matrix on steroids" if you liked the matrix, you'll love this and if you didn't... this will blow you mind!! I have had my brain itching since I got back. OMG!!!!\\
DeltaBurnt said:
Infinite Zero said:
it's never been legal to watch a movie, especially a new one on the internet

No, just no. Try searching "Supersize me" on youtube.

SPOILERS:

@OP:
I found it to be an interesting movie. I think the top was a metophor for how the main character doesn't care anymore. Earlier in the movie he would spin the top and ONLY pay attention to that and take a deep sigh of relief. But that time he spun it and didn't even pay attention to how it played out.

Either that or he knew it wasn't a dream because he saw his kid's faces. Because if you noticed the top wasn't HIS totem, it was his wife's. And in all of his dreams he never saw his kids faces. So my guess is seeing his kid's faces are his totem.

Also there were about 5 layers of dreams at the end:

Rainy Streets > Hotel > Arctic > Limbo 1 (falling buildings) > Limbo 2 (beach + Chinese room + old Chinese guy)

The one thing I didn't get is why the sub-conscious would still attack the original dreamer (like the original dreamer for the arctic was Fischer, but he was still attacked).

OH, and did anyone notice that we never learned the main characters name? Maybe we did but I just can't remember.
I believe it was --- Kobb... or something. The whole movie just made you forget the minor stuff.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Logan 5 said:
@DeltaBurnt:
He didn't look at his kids faces when he was dreaming b/c he didn't want to forget about his real kids and get lost in the dream like his wife. I.E. seeing and being with his kids in the dream would dull his motivation to get back to his real kids.

Yes, but could it not be both?

Plus my theory about him not caring about the outcome of top because he knew it was real could still be valid
smile.gif

QUOTE(Sterl500 @ Jul 17 2010, 11:01 PM) Hot Damn!! I just went and saw the movie with my girlfriend!! The movie was pure genius. all that I expected from the writers of the Dark Knight and more!! Basically: "The Matrix on steroids" if you liked the matrix, you'll love this and if you didn't... this will blow you mind!! I have had my brain itching since I got back. OMG!!!!

I believe it was --- Kobb... or something. The whole movie just made you forget the minor stuff.

I thought it was a good movie, but it wasn't as mind blowingly awesome for me. It was definitely a movie I would buy on bluray, though.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My girlfriend had a theory:
That at the end, the whole movie was a dream, and that he could have stopped it at anytime (if he faced her earlier), The top faltering on the table meant that he had finally found it within to forgive himself, and thus his wife's presence in his mind went away. This enabled himself to give up and find his own reality.

She made my brain itch just thinking about it.

ACDCGAMER

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
2 1/2 hours and a headache later, I can say that this movie is absolutely brilliant, phenomenal, and incredibly imaginative; that's my opinion at least.

The ending did intrigue me though, but the top did start to wobble a bit so I would assume that he was in his own reality, but who the hell knows? Wait, I got it! OMFGCLIFFHANGER4TEHINCEPSHUN2LOL!!!!

But yeah, that's going to stick with me for quite some time. Damn that ending, no, the WHOLE MOVIE, was just spectacularly done though.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ACDCGAMER said:
2 1/2 hours and a headache later, I can say that this movie is absolutely brilliant, phenomenal, and incredibly imaginative; that's my opinion at least.

The ending did intrigue me though, but the top did start to wobble a bit so I would assume that he was in his own reality, but who the hell knows? Wait, I got it! OMFGCLIFFHANGER4TEHINCEPSHUN2LOL!!!!

But yeah, that's going to stick with me for quite some time. Damn that ending, no, the WHOLE MOVIE, was just spectacularly done though.
Yea, the ending really sealed it to being one of the best movies ever written in my opinion! Completely mind blowing, and unpredictable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt