ROM Hack Inazuma Eleven!

sazna

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
First time poster, ever.

I just can't understand why no one wants to translate Inazuma Eleven. There are like... what, 4-5 Pekemon-translations going on, that's just sick, people. (no offense whatsoever) Those Pokémon-games will be worldwide with 100% possibility, is the waiting really that hard? On the other hand, one of the greatest games ever, Inazuma Eleven is STILL untranslated. IE is one of the most popular things in Japan now and I can see why, anime and the game(s) simply rock. The music, characters and the overall feeling is brilliant.

Let's give this game some love, stat. I think there won't be localisation unless the anime is aired in States, which I also doubt. There was those some people who made a patch for IE, but they got fed up with folk asking when the next patch is available, so they gave up - or something.

The best thing about IE, translation-wise, is the furigana (reading of kanji) which makes the translation soo much easier. BUT I don't know nothing, zip, nada, about ROM-hacking and the technical mumbo-jumbo.

The question is, are there any capable people who want to see this game translated, and also want to do something about it? In the nutshell: I wanna make a team for translating Inazuma Eleven (and hopefully its sequel(s).

And now, the ball is thrown to you guys. If you are interested in joining the yet anonymous team, just tell here what you can do, what you might have done and so on.

Here are some answers to questions you might think of:

Q: who the heck are you?
A: sazna, aka Levanti, just a fan of Inazuma Eleven from Finland and first year Japanese student (though I have self-studied for years)

Q: are you gonna begin from the scratch or from the patch that's already out?
A: I don't honestly know yet. First of all I wanna know if I am all alone with this. Secondly, I wouldn't touch others patched without permission so that is also needed and 3rd, honestly speaking, I haven't even checked the patch yet. >_<

Q: OK, so what do you need?
A: I need people who know the technical aspects of ROM-hacking and translating and a translator or a few of them (the more the merrier) - those at least.

Q: what can YOU do then?
A: I can help with the translation as much as I can, at least

Q: patch-by-patch or 100%?
A: absolutely 100% (hopefully) No patches before the last - and let it be - a complete one.

Q: you don't like Pokémon!?
A: umm... well, I likeD Pokémon once too, I was a big fan of Blue/Yellow/Silver but then the games got too repetitive. Sorry about that Poké-thing in the beginning, I just had to say it. :)

Q: you realise the whole project is useless if no one actually plays the game?
A: yes, but I think people would simply love IE if they could play it in English, understand the characters and so on

Let's make this possible! Yatteyarou ze!

N-TG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Im with you... I tried translating the anime... But I could only understand 90% percent and I couldn't translate it... But I watched it (until 52... waiting for 53) finished the 1st game and currently playing the 2nd one with some friends to try the new multiplayer

(I even made a Pen and Paper system for the game
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
)

I too have only the 4th Degree of Japanese (lowest) but I would love to help....

sazna

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
How do one dumps the script of this puppy... I have managed to get the eve.pkb -file out of the ROM but then my knowledge stops. I tried to fiddle with NL's compressor but no luck... ugh. I am such a noob. :D

mipe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
sazna said:
A: sazna, aka Levanti, just a fan of Inazuma Eleven from Finland and first year Japanese student (though I have self-studied for years)

Eww..

Anyways, good luck on the translation.

dragster215

Trophies
XP
Country
are you translating the first one or second one? if you were translating second, i would love you to translate fire
tongue.gif

good luck with this

Kamiyama

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
mipe said:
sazna said:

Eww..

Anyways, good luck on the translation.

I was just thinking the very same...

It would be nice if this is going to release in US or even in here Europe, but I'm still happy with Japanese version. Already played first one 50+ hours (several times because of corrupted save files due empty battery while saving) and I'm thinking about to start one of the second ones after few other games.

I have, too, self-studied Japanese for years and even been translating things to Finnish, but with self-studing is not gonna help too much. Even Japanese classes in Finland are like pure crap if classes aren't in some kind of University and even those are mostly the same.

No offense, though. Just trying to say that you probably need few persons who can understand 99.9% of the language in minimun or thousands of self-studienting noobs like us (and that isn't going to be nice thing). And that is only translation thing. You need some skilled ROM hacker(s), somebody(s) who's gonna do proof reading and understand 10000% English and other pretty tricky stuff.

Good luck.

mipe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Yeah, you probably need atleast one person who knows english well.

Isn't it one of the basic 'rules' for translating: "Do not translate anything onto a language that isn't your native?" or something like that? Unless you are native speaker, and even if you are, there will be mistakes. Mistakes =/= good.

sazna

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, this got ridiculous at the very first moment, and by my own fellow countrymen, to boot. Maybe it's time to remind you that I am not the only translator of this project, and of course I am looking for a native English-speaker who can help me with those some finer points of English language which are beyond my knowledge. It's called proofreading. I am not that egoistic that I could say my English was perfect - far from it, but looks like I'm not even allowed to try. I am just trying to be nice and make this awesome game available for more people, and me being a Finn really hasn't got anything to do with it. I consider it as a challenge.

Anywho, aside that, the thing is still on so please join in. :)

LU BU

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
HI

I Matchetgl Inazuma Eleven 2 Kyoui no Shinryakusha Fire
hate2.gif

Possible PATCH Kind Inazuma Eleven 2 Kyoui no Shinryakusha Fire

Few speak english
ph34r.gif

azerty1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
which game is this? the plain inazuma eleven or those new ones?
if it's the old one, you should probably go politely ask noitora if he has any notes on the file formats or anything. I'm fairly certain he made a menu patch for it.
if it's the new one, then i'll start on reverse engineering the dialogue and stuff...
tell me first, though...my internet's a tad slow and those games are BIG...

JayRPG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good Luck! I've been incredibly interested in Inazuma Eleven the day I heard about it, them I was even more excited to see a translation for it, but then it just stopped suddenly. Anyways, I hope the translation goes well if you do decide to translate it.

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sazna said:
I just can't understand why no one wants to translate Inazuma Eleven.
Q: OK, so what do you need?
A: I need people who know the technical aspects of ROM-hacking and translating and a translator or a few of them (the more the merrier) - those at least.

Q: what can YOU do then?
A: I can help with the translation as much as I can, at least

Q: patch-by-patch or 100%?
A: absolutely 100% (hopefully) No patches before the last - and let it be - a complete one.
Snips of just the parts I want to point out. The reason why there are no active projects on this is listed in your post.

First of all, a LOT of people wants to translate Inazuma Eleven. It's just that they don't know how to.
Next, a lot of these people do not know how to ROM hack or translate.
Third, there are lot of people who attempted projects with machine translation. But they fail. Unless you can contribute with a legit Japanese to English translation, other efforts are useless.
Finally, it's really funny to see how you can just bring out "absolutely 100%." It's usual from someone who has no experience in these stuff, but it's not as easy as it sounds.

Well, if this ever really starts, once the translation project strikes the 6 month mark (only if it actually lasts till then), you'll understand everything then.

All I can say is good luck. Hope you can actually pull this off somehow. Or you might want to use this chance to start ROM hacking yourself.

sazna

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
"Finally, it's really funny to see how you can just bring out "absolutely 100%." It's usual from someone who has no experience in these stuff, but it's not as easy as it sounds."

I was a bit hasty when I wrote that. Sorry about it. I just meant (the word 'absolutely' meant emphasis for the answer, not for the 100%, btw) that there won't be any patches before it, to avoid the problem you had: people asking all the time for next patch. People are greedy bunch, you give they something, they will ask for more and if you don't have anything to give they will be angry - and that's where all goes to heck.

If there really were "a lot of people" who want to translate IE, where are they and why they don't do anything? Your answer was that they don't have the know-how. I bet there actually are those people too who actually have the know-how, but they need some kind of catalyst to "ignite". That catalyst I am trying to be, and collect those people with know-how AND the passion for IE so that the project could be started.

I am not trying to belittle the work of those who translate games by saying something stupid like "anyone can do it", because that's not true.

The whole point of this topic is to find those people who can - and especially - want. As far as machine-translation is concerned, I have had no notion of such thing, if you mean something like inserting some sentences to Google trans and then hope for the best. Just... no.

Anyways, all feedback is welcome, because it means some people actually care about this.

gonzab

Trophies
XP
Country
Long time user, first time poster, just because of this thread.

I just agree with basicaly everything you, sazna said. However I don't know nothing about hacking, and I can't help with japanese either, but Jesus Christ if there's anything I can help you with please do require my assistance because I really want to play this goddamned game.

That is all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse