Inazuma Eleven Ares gets localization for Europe and North America in 2019

Inazuma-Eleven-Ares-Interview_11-14-17.jpg

Level 5 will be bringing the newest entry of their soccer RPG series to the west next year. The announcement of a translation was revealed during the company's 20th anniversary celebration. An anime series based on the game will begin airing in Europe later this fall, and in North America later next year. Both Europe and North America will be getting a release of the game, on Nintendo Switch, iOS, Android, and PlayStation 4. This marks a rare occasion, as a majority of the Inazuma Eleven series doesn't make it to North American shores. Inazuma Eleven Ares launches in Japan later this year.

• INAZUMA ELEVEN™ is a Super Dimensional action adventure about a team from humble beginnings rising up to keep their passion alive in the face of a corrupt elite corporation. Only when using their Special Moves can they get their point across. The latest installment in the INAZUMA ELEVEN franchise, INAZUMA ELEVEN ARES, depicts a parallel world that will feature both new characters and cast from the original in action packed, heart wrenching matches between the good, the evil, and those in between. Building on the foundation laid by previous series, which number over 250 episodes, four movies and more than eight million Nintendo games sold to date, the reboot series has begun its broadcast premiere in Asia, is scheduled to launch in Europe Fall 2018, and is planned to debut in North America for the first time in 2019. The slate also includes the premiere of the video game in 2019 with the aim to tap into the growing eSports movement.

:arrow: Source

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
I still need to finish the past one's started but never finished them. other things/games got in the way.

now i have a goal to finish by.

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I second this, majorly. The same goes for everyone else too, I love the japanese names
This game suffered from the "cross-media for children" effect... doubtful they will turn back now. At least it's not the living hell that the Ace Attorney adaptation has become.

Reactions: Xandrid

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Y'know, I typically dislike (real) soccer. The games are usually too low-scoring for my tastes. This could be good, though. Just as I really enjoy Golf Story even though I hate everything about (real) golf.

Also, since it's semi-related to the topic, give new Mario Strikers on Switch pls NintendOOO! :yayswitch:

Last edited by Xzi,

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
funny that for IE fans the original names matters more, for pokemon, everyone seems to like more the localized....
I'm with the original, for everything :v
Pokémon names are just puns in Japanese anyway. Translating them as puns is the right thing to do, really. The same thing kind of goes for Inazuma Eleven as well. I prefer localized names because I can't remember Japanese names in large quantities at all and they all start blending together.

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The presentation is all right, but everything else is just a massive cringe. Little boys problems. Overall the whole system never was enough for the play time of over 20 hours.

I'm just not the right audience for this, I know. ;-)

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
funny that for IE fans the original names matters more, for pokemon, everyone seems to like more the localized....
Well I mean, Inazuma's a bit worse off. With Pokemon at least the names are puns in English whereas, in Japan, a lot of the Pokemon are literally just what they are (Pikachu, for instance) or are puns that don't translate, and usually (but not always) they're more endearing. No comment on the characters' names, some are fine but when you get names like Hilda and Hilbert, I mean...

With Inazuma Eleven it's kinda the same, but the problem is you get really weird inconsistencies of characters like Mark Evans and Kevin Dragonfly representing...Japan. It makes the setting feel off and the characters moreso when they don't fit or feel a bit too localized. Plus, assuming they follow the same mindset that they took after the third game, the localization here will be pretty safe and stupidly kid friendly. They were pretty faithful with adapting moves early on in the series but later on, for whatever reason, they went off the walls, even renaming most moves that were already in English. So you got Spiral Draw becoming Whirly-Whirly, Aggressive Beat becoming Heartbeat, and really weird changes like that.

But I think the biggest worry I have is the voice acting...like...when I saw this news yesterday, I lost my shit. I couldn't be happier, esp as an American who never really got the anime and only ever got the first game officially released and then radio silence for four years. But honestly the localization for Inazuma Eleven really always seemed super unnecessary and I hope them releasing the game over here, too, allows them to lighten up a bit and maybe pull from either an American voice acting company or the solid VAs who worked on the rainfall games. Or add dual audio, you can't go wrong there. I'd gladly take that over five-dollar actors and whatever cringe they do for an English theme song this time.

Necron

Lurking~
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
It's more of a "what I'm used to", I got the original names with my dub and finished watching what they didn't dub with subs, so the change was smoother there.

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Can we not get Mark Evans, but Mamoru Endou?
This reminds me, nobody has done an undub patch for the 3DS releases, had to play Inazuma Eleven 3 with the horrible dub after playing Inazuma Eleven 1 and 2 on DS with undub patches. Wonder if it is just too hard to do the same on 3DS or there's just a lack of interest.

DarthDub

Amateur Hacker
Trophies
Website
www.gaiaonline.com
XP
Country
United States
This reminds me, nobody has done an undub patch for the 3DS releases, had to play Inazuma Eleven 3 with the horrible dub after playing Inazuma Eleven 1 and 2 on DS with undub patches. Wonder if it is just too hard to do the same on 3DS or there's just a lack of interest.
Don't get why you don't ask me. I'll tell you more on Discord tomorrow.

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well I mean, Inazuma's a bit worse off. With Pokemon at least the names are puns in English whereas, in Japan, a lot of the Pokemon are literally just what they are (Pikachu, for instance) or are puns that don't translate, and usually (but not always) they're more endearing. No comment on the characters' names, some are fine but when you get names like Hilda and Hilbert, I mean...

With Inazuma Eleven it's kinda the same, but the problem is you get really weird inconsistencies of characters like Mark Evans and Kevin Dragonfly representing...Japan. It makes the setting feel off and the characters moreso when they don't fit or feel a bit too localized. Plus, assuming they follow the same mindset that they took after the third game, the localization here will be pretty safe and stupidly kid friendly. They were pretty faithful with adapting moves early on in the series but later on, for whatever reason, they went off the walls, even renaming most moves that were already in English. So you got Spiral Draw becoming Whirly-Whirly, Aggressive Beat becoming Heartbeat, and really weird changes like that.

But I think the biggest worry I have is the voice acting...like...when I saw this news yesterday, I lost my shit. I couldn't be happier, esp as an American who never really got the anime and only ever got the first game officially released and then radio silence for four years. But honestly the localization for Inazuma Eleven really always seemed super unnecessary and I hope them releasing the game over here, too, allows them to lighten up a bit and maybe pull from either an American voice acting company or the solid VAs who worked on the rainfall games. Or add dual audio, you can't go wrong there. I'd gladly take that over five-dollar actors and whatever cringe they do for an English theme song this time.

actually I meant the people names and the location at all, like pokemon is/was actually based in local places same way raimon was somewehre in japan, the people name for inazuma are jokes for the menaing;sounding just likethe japanese, similar did in ace attorney. also to note I don't like this kind os localziation/westernzation xp
Pokémon names are just puns in Japanese anyway. Translating them as puns is the right thing to do, really. The same thing kind of goes for Inazuma Eleven as well. I prefer localized names because I can't remember Japanese names in large quantities at all and they all start blending together.

For pokemon names I think it's nice to have the names diferent from each languase, this had to be a must XD but people and place? stupid, with Alola, Kanto being in japan was something, but in the localzoation that the world is "random another world thing (x4), USA (that don't looks much diferent fom the random world because later localization), france and hawaii!
It's strange how the japanese stuff can't be japan, but what isn't is ok to be ...

It's more of a "what I'm used to", I got the original names with my dub and finished watching what they didn't dub with subs, so the change was smoother there.
for inazuma or pokemon? Inazuma dub here had the japanese name, pokemon in another way had all the 4kids sheet XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eJV6GaIEgd4?si=ciLPnlhfd7XcrxQn