Inazuma Eleven 2 Tops a Million

manaphy4ever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Level-5 is known primarily for the Professor Layton series. But the Fukuoka-based publisher is more than just a one hit wonder.

The Inazuma Eleven series also appears to be a big hit. Today, the company announced that shipments for Inazuma Eleven 2 have crossed the million mark. The second Inazuma Eleven 2 was released in separate "Fire" and "Blizzard" forms on October 1.

Level-5 has some big promotions ahead for the franchise. Early next year, it will hold a tournament called "Football Frontier." Preliminary rounds will be held at the World Hobby Fair, which starts in Osaka in late January.

Source:Andriasang

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ZeWarrior said:
Thats pretty... low isn't it? A million in 2 months?

A) It's ONLY in Japan. No worldwide release. So it may seem "low" in comparison to other games, but this one has yet to reach the rest of the world.
B) There's quite a few games who don't reach a million ever.
C) It's not a big-name game, honestly. It's not Final Fantasy, it's not Halo, it's not Call of Duty. It's sorta little known.

Anyway, hopefully this will bring a US release to Inazuma Eleven. I think the first Inazuma is coming to Europe, and hopefully with such good results from this one there will be this sequel coming around.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
its strange to see so bcz i didnt think Japanese would love football-oriented games though jap players are good (Park Ji Sung of MAN UTD)
i bet the storyline is the main selling point (which is true for all games) and i heard they are localizing the game (1st part - it was on the forum, try searching)
i hope to get it soon

Mr.Mysterio

Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Hopefully, this will persuade them to localize this game.I was overjoyed to ear that they were going to release the first game in Europe. Cant wait for both.
smile.gif

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
ZeWarrior said:

A) It's ONLY in Japan. No worldwide release. So it may seem "low" in comparison to other games, but this one has yet to reach the rest of the world.
FFXIII did this is 2 days days also with a JP release only

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
Guild McCommunist said:
ZeWarrior said:

Because it's Final Fantasy.

QUOTE(Guild McCommunist @ Dec 18 2009, 02:25 PM)
C) It's not a big-name game, honestly. It's not Final Fantasy, it's not Halo, it's not Call of Duty. It's sorta little known.

J

Jackreyes

shakirmoledina said:
its strange to see so bcz i didnt think Japanese would love football-oriented games though jap players are good (Park Ji Sung of MAN UTD)
i bet the storyline is the main selling point (which is true for all games) and i heard they are localizing the game (1st part - it was on the forum, try searching)
i hope to get it soon

Park Ji-Sung is South Korean, not Japanese.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Joe88 said:
Guild McCommunist said:
ZeWarrior said:

Because it's Final Fantasy.

QUOTE(Guild McCommunist @ Dec 18 2009, 02:25 PM)
Inazuma Eleven is pretty popular in JP, thats what some people told me however, I cant see the fixation on it
anyway if they brought it here it would probably struggle to sell even 100,000

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That boy yo