iNano...

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Linkiboy, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Linkiboy
    OP

Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

May 14, 2006
    United States
  2. qusai

qusai GBAtemp Regular

Apr 1, 2007
    Canada
    Yeh, i noticed that too when I was browsing the site when the partnership was announced. If it's decent quality I might be tempted to pick up a couple of them.

3. Mewgia

Mewgia drifter

Dec 16, 2006
    United States
    Boston, MA
    I think you can get the exact same thing on eBay for a lot cheaper (like $40 instead of $80). The projuct is some Hong Kong ripoff of the Nano as it is, so it's not like eBay items are going to be of any less quality.

4. mthrnite

mthrnite So it goes.

Former Staff
    Jun 30, 2006
    United States
    th' south
    Expect blurry, slow frame rate video.. that's what you usually get with the cheapies.
    You will have to convert all video files to AMV format, likely with their crappy software.

Get what ya pay for, serviceable but irksome.

5. juggernaut911

juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!

Jul 13, 2006
    United States
    all iPod remakes suck balls!!!! that is a photoshopped image anyway... >_>

6. Darkforce

Darkforce DERP!

Former Staff
    Nov 5, 2002
    UK
    Like mthrnite said the MP4 functions will most likely suck what with all the converting.

If you are after a cheapo MP3/MP4 player pick up a discontinued branded MP3 player from ebay or somewhere. This article might be worth a read.

[​IMG]

7. adgloride

adgloride Its A Wii Wario

Apr 2, 2003
    From what I've heard about these cheap knockoffs they break in no time. You may as well save your money up and buy a proper ipod that can play videos.

8. Mewgia

Mewgia drifter

Dec 16, 2006
    United States
    Boston, MA
    Or not buy an iPod at all, and buy something less overpirced. :/

9. xcalibur

xcalibur Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear

Jun 2, 2007
    Sacred Heart
    or you forget about getting a mp3 player and get a phone with good media playback and such.
    phones lately are rivalling mp3 players in terms of quality and wih the sony erricson W series hones, theres a ton of custom drivers(audio, camera, voice) available, so you can make it even better quality than it is.
    the W810 is probably the best, but i heard that the W700 has the best audio. a great balance between loudness and quality, which the w810 lacks in default(*loudness)
    BE WARNED! to change drivers on your phone you have to flash it first and its a horrible process.
    its not going to brick your phone but it a really complex process which if you leave unfinished, the phone wont come on due to software/firmware issues(which you have to replace during flashing).
    it took me 4 hours to exactly figure out how to do it properly, after that it only takes me ~10 minutes to flash it, enter it, switch what i need to (drivers, software, etc..) and reflash it with the original firmware

heres a link to a great guide with links to all the sofware you will need

http://forums.se-nse.net/index.php?showtopic=7330

10. 754boy

754boy :D

Banned
    Oct 24, 2002
    United States
    Mississippi
    Even better, do like me and get a Treo [​IMG] I love it. Does everything I need it to do from music and videos to SNES and NES emulation [​IMG]