In Video Games That Allow Gender Selection, Which Do You Choose?

Do You Choose to Play the Opposite Gender in Video Games?

• Yes

Votes: 40 58.0%
  • No

Votes: 29 42.0%

• Total voters

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever a game allows I'll play a female character instead of a male. I could give several reasons as to why I do, but most of the time, I feel like I'm trying to get a "feel" for someone I'd like to meet. Now, barring the fact its fantasy, I feel as though I'm developing my tastes in women even though real contact is minimal. Laugh if you want, but that's just how I feel. Now, the other reasons are more shallow. Things like, "If I'm going to stare at some ass, it might as well be the ass of the opposite gender." Or, "The curvier the ride, the better." At any rate, I don't feel like this is cross dressing like a few friends and my family do. I'm not assaulting my manliness, I'm affirming it.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I tend to pick the male character when given the choice, however for fighting games I'll use both men and women, and I don't mind playing games where a women is the main character. I do not consider it to have anything to do with cross-dressing at all :)

Reactions: 2 people

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Whenever a game allows I'll play a female character instead of a male. I could give several reasons as to why I do, but most of the time, I feel like I'm trying to get a "feel" for someone I'd like to meet. Now, barring the fact its fantasy, I feel as though I'm developing my tastes in women even though real contact is minimal. Laugh if you want, but that's just how I feel. Now, the other reasons are more shallow. Things like, "If I'm going to stare at some ass, it might as well be the ass of the opposite gender." Or, "The curvier the ride, the better." At any rate, I don't feel like this is cross dressing like a few friends and my family do. I'm not assaulting my manliness, I'm affirming it.
Well im feeling just like you. Depending of the game though, like Mass Effect i definitely chose the woman for the sexy outfit and curves. I don't play my games as a mean to flee from reality and not identify as game character, so i can't see any relation with cross dressing at all. Even in MMO, if i play as a female char, i should say play WITH a female char, i obviously don't act like one. No flirting, no begging for gifts, no dancing for dudes etc.. no role playing another gender than my own. I chose what gender depending of the in game rendition, preferably with the female if pleasingly done, otherwise male. Simple as that. :)

Reactions: 1 person

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lets see

1: If the male characters are cutesy, i'll pick female. I'd rather be a cute female than a cute male.
2: If I can be an overly adorable female character i probably will be regardless. Like in Tera, most of my characters are Elins because they are just god damn adorable.

I'm a male in most MMOs, but there are just some I can't help but be female.
Though I never act female, never pretend I am female, and never claim to actually be a female. I'm very much a "Yeah i'm a dude using a chick character, deal with it."

EDIT: Oh and i'm a female wizard on Diablo 3 simply because Sorc was gender locked as female, so I feel weird being a male spellcaster in a diablo game.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Well most the games I play seem to have some kind of animal or vehicle as the hero, so I don't often get the choice.

But on the occasions I do have to choose between a man and a woman I'll always choose the girl, in the vein hope that I might catch a glimpse of her knickers

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I play as a female because if there's also character creation then I can look like myself.

There's also the fact that if there's something that happens differently depending on the gender, then that'll also come into account.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Usually doesn't matter to me, I'll mix it up depending on gender specific options. Like if men have a certain stat for this or that (and same goes for women) then I'll try each to see which one I like stat wise, or choose each one to see what different dialogue options they get and stuff.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If I have a choice, I always choose a male lead if it's an RPG game, cuz I like to be more into character.
As for platformers, adventure games, puzzles, etc, etc... It really doesnt make much dif, like Metroid, Mighty, Shantae, etc... =3

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I play male and female characters. I generally start with a guy in games like Mass Effect, then go though again as a girl to see what difference it makes. The only exception is the Streets of Rage games, in which come hell or high water I will ALWAYS play as my namesake, Blaze Fielding. A girl so awesome they made clones of her into a recurring boss fight that was a huge pain in my ass for like, 15 years. Then I finally got round to finding the manual, found out about the back attack, and have been regularly whuppin' ass ever since...:moogle:

Ironically my first name, Blaze, comes from Ace Combat Squadron Leader, not the Streets of Rage character. I only added the Fielding name to see how many people get the reference. Strange but true. Just a happy coincidence.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
depends on the options and sexy+bad assness. in res evil i mostly pick my gender because god damn, capcom knows how to make an attractive man. tho is res evil 4 i would of played as ada if offered from the beginning.

mostly my own gender tho.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
Usually i select male, but i do have a female character in Diablo 3.

It's got nothing to do with cross dressing (dunno why the selection of a female character for a male gamer could be suggested as cross dressing)

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's called cross playing, not cross dressing.

Anyway, yeah, I find myself often playing characters of the other gender if given the choice (at least in RPGs). I think it provides an interesting change of pace (I love Mass Effect, for instance, but Male Shepard is a bit too much of a standard "Grizzled Space Marine" for my tastes), which is always nice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Sup nerds