In the process of installing Rebug--where do I go from here?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by ultramario1998, Jun 27, 2016.

1. ultramario1998
    OP

ultramario1998 no woof tipsic

May 7, 2014
    United States
    Not Here
    I have a 3.55 (thanks eBay!) ps3, and the Rebug files are downloading now. I have some questions though.

When and if I obtain backups, how do I run them?
    Can I copy said backups straight onto the hdd, or do I have to pass through USB/SD card?
    I'd like to activate the ps3 with psn and then activate my exploitable PSTV for the purposes of following this. Is that a bad idea? Do I have to stay on 3.55?
    Additionally, can I still access my PSN downloads page, even if it's a bit redundant?

Thanks.

2. ScarletDreamz

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    Via Multiman, IrisMAN, IrisManager, Game Sonic Manager, or whatever game launcher pleases you.

internal or external, preferibly, internal, less pain to run them.

No idea what you want to achieve.

Going online its always a risk, you can patch your console using Sen Enabler.

3. Vappy

Vappy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 23, 2012
    For the most part, with a backup manager. This for just downloading the game's contents and copying them to your PS3. Some come as a separate installable app, like Multiman, some integrate directly into XMB, like Webman. I prefer Webman for the convenience, and as it comes bundled with Rebug it's the easier to set up.
    The other option is to get games as an installable .pkg, with the associated .rap/.edat file. PSNDL is a good source for this. You'll also need some way to activate the installed games before you can use them, though, last I checked ReActPSN was the go-to for this but others may have cropped up since then. This is also the method you'll need to use for DLC and other PSN content.
    You can FTP to the HDD or copy them over from USB.
    If you take your PS3 online running a CFW, there's always a ban risk. You can reduce the risk with spoofers, hiding things like your console ID, but even then there's a chance Sony will catch you out. You might get away with it, you might not. If you have a friend with a PS3, I'd recommend you make use of theirs for activating your PSTV instead.
    No, Rebug and most other still-maintained CFWs should support the latest firmware.
    You should be able to, yes.

4. ScarletDreamz

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    [​IMG] Ninja'd.