In the market for a Supercard for DSi...

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by KOman, Mar 15, 2010.

Mar 15, 2010
  1. KOman
    OP

Newcomer KOman Advanced Member

United States
    Hi all,

I recently purchased a DSi and am planning on a purchasing a SuperCard DSONEi. I had a few questions however:

1. I have heard that there are many websites that sell clones, what is a reliable U.S. seller of these cards? Preferebly one that allows payment via paypal and had rapid shipping?

2. Are there different versions of the DSONEi card (the hardware, not firmware)?

3. Does the performance of the card depend on the SD card that is used? If so, what is the best SD card to use (I honestly don't have much experience using them - but have heard the terms HC versus non-HC and class 1, 2, 3, and 4 thrown around)?

4. I only have an interest in using the card to emulate other systems and for homebrew games/ apps. Therefore, I plan on getting an SD card with a smaller capacity (1GB most likely...). Does the size of the card impact cart performance?

5. Finally, what is the durability of these cards? (I bought a Flash2Advance for GBA in 2001 and it's still working perfectly).

Thanks in advance,

2. gameguy95

Banned gameguy95 Needs More Furries!

United States
    1)Realhotstuff.com

2)if you wait a month or two (hopefully) the SupercardDS2 will come out which plays NDS and GBA games from slot 1 with no extra hardware

3)Not very much, but i would suggest a large (SDHC) class 4 or class 6 microsd

4)Same as 3

5)Seems pretty durable. my friend has benn using his constantly since he got it a few months back and it still works like new

3. Uncle FEFL

Member Uncle FEFL OBJECTION!

United States
    1. RealHotStuff

2. Doesn't really count as a different hardware version, but it is new hardware. [​IMG] As stated above my post, the DSTwo is [hopefully] coming out soon.

3. Kingston's seem to work the best. The classes are 2, 4, and 6. Two is the slowest, six being the fastest. On the new EOS, yes, they do matter just a little bit more than other flashcards (just a little slower), but it is still pretty quick loading. From the looks of it, you won't have any problems at all.

4. Try a 2GB microSD. 1GB is very small.

5. The Supercard products are very durable.