In the Market for a 3DS Flashcart

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by drybones99, Dec 15, 2015.

1. drybones99
    OP

drybones99 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 15, 2015
    United States
    I am currently in the market for a 3DS flashcart that can support system version 10.3.0-28U. Is there one that can also support both 3DS and DS games? If not, one that can play DS games only? Would I need Homebrew channel installed? Will it support all models of 3DS? I thought about purchasing a SKY3DS, but found out it doesn't support DS games. I've heard of carts that can support both, but only work with older system versions, and downgrading is impossible. Also, having support for emulators is important, such as NES, SNES, and GBA emulators.

Are there any 3DS flash carts that can meet these criteria?

2. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    For 3DS games you need a SKY3DS+ for DS/GBA/SNES games you need a DSTWO (not the + version) if your in the US you can get them both here http://www.modchipcentral.com/store/home.php?cat=279

Edit: it would appear the DSTWO is out of stock so you might aswell get both the cards a SKY3DS+ and a DSTWO+ from peachds.com instead since the DSTWO is out of stock from all the good sites.

Last edited by Xenon Hacks, Dec 15, 2015
  3. drybones99
    OP

drybones99 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 15, 2015
    United States
    I've heard that the DSTWO doesn't support system 10.3.0-28U. Is this true? Whatever cart I get must be compatible with 10.3.0-28U. Also, what's the difference between the DSTWO+ and the DSTWO?

4. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    The DSTWO+ plays 3DS roms using a Gateway emulation plugin (if your on 9.2 and lower) and the DSTWO does not.

5. Iamapirate

Iamapirate GBAtemp Regular

Sep 1, 2013
    The R4i Gold 3DS is a ds mode cart that works on the latest firmware. IIRC, its emulation of other systems isn't as good as DSTWO, but it emulates NES, Gameboy and Gameboy Colour very well. I've only run into problems with SNES and GBA. This cart is fairly cheap too, at ~$20.

I'd recommend a Sky3DS+ and a DSTWO, for everything you want to do, but an R4i Gold is a good, cheap alternative if you cannot find a DSTWO.

6. gallymimu

gallymimu EE Expert

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    SKY3DS+ is really what you want for latest and greatest on the 3DS. I actually have a QQ3DS and the DS mode cart works great. Now that the SKY+ is out you should go that route though and get a separate DS cart as recommended above.

7. drybones99
    OP

drybones99 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 15, 2015
    United States
    To be honest, the only 3DS game that I wanted to play was the Super Mario 3d Land Prototype E3 Beta, but that can wait, and I can still play it on Citra, although very slowly. I'd rather by a DSTWO, but I have to know if it is compatible with system 10.3.0-28U. If it is, where could I buy one in the U. S. for a fair price?

8. Blue_Mew

Blue_Mew Shiny Mew!

Oct 2, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Faraway Island
    Only 3DS games wont work... http://eng.supercard.sc/Dealer.html

9. drybones99
    OP

drybones99 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 15, 2015
    United States
    So, as long as a I don't play 3DS games, both the DSTWO and DSTWO+ will work with 10.3.0-28U, right?

10. wurstpistole

wurstpistole N3DS B9S

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The

Or, you know, you could just buy those two games you want which will be almost cheaper than a flashcard

11. drybones99
    OP

drybones99 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 15, 2015
    United States
    The Super Mario 3d Land Prototype E3 Beta was never released. It leaked online, on this website, i believe. I can't simply go and buy a prototype version of a game. Anyways, I have decided to buy the DSTWO+. I used to have an original DSTWO, but lost it.

12. wurstpistole

wurstpistole N3DS B9S

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Oh. I confused something there