In search of an old RM2K community-based game

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by DiscostewSM, Feb 18, 2017.

1. DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM GBAtemp Guru

Feb 10, 2009
    United States
    Sacramento, California
    Long ago, I used to be involved in a community that did things like make rpgs with rpgmaker apps (or make rpg makers) until around February 2001 where I left for Montana for a couple of years to do other things. I never got back with the community, but just lately as I was cleaning out my late dad's old computer, I found early versions of a SoM-style RPG Maker I was making from back then. It brought back memories, but to cut to the chase, I recall that before I left for Montana long ago, there was a person making an RM2K game featuring many folks from the community, as friends, foes, etc. Never found out if it got finished. I am now trying to find that such game, but I recall so little from it that my search for it on Google isn't getting far. I'd be lucky to find an old backup version on any HDD I have lying around that was from even a decade ago that would help find a more complete version online. If anyone from that era in time know anything about this, please let me know.

Here are the things I recall from it.

1) It used RM2K (if the title and other info didn't already give that idea....)
    2) It wasn't a typical fantasy RPG with turn-based fights. It only featured story progression and boss fights, where the fights were all in real-time on the maps in its own cooky way.
    3) Of the two boss fights I recall, one involved a giant wolf-like creature (just head and claws) on top of a mountain, and the other was in a cafe-like place where the boss was flinging food all over the place.
    4) Its boss theme was from Metallica's The Call of Ktulu, Live S&M (loops from 5:10 to 6:43)

Warning: Spoilers inside!