OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thesolcity said:
Riley said:
Ok you could do what i said above or download all the files you want put them on the usb transfer them too your WINDOWS machine then use one of the wii managers to convert them to .wbfs files and put them on your usb drive in USB:/WBFS/

What he said if you want to format to FAT32, WBFS is what WBFS for mac supports but if the drive was FAT32 you could just drag .wbfs files onto it. Put it this way, you're probably better off just using uLoader to format the drive and WBFS for mac to add the games. With FAT32 you have to use windows to get the ISOs to .wbfs format.

EDIT: Weird floating quotation marks out of nowhere removed.

Okay, so then this is my final question, if I was to download uLoader from my POS windows computer and then put on wii and format my hard drive to WBFS i can then plug hard drive into mac computer and then use WBFS for MAC OSx to transfer files onto hard drive? I would then be able to see and play downloaded games put on my hard drive on the wiii !?

DownSince86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is simple....heres an example of converting an .iso to .wbfs with wit:

QUOTE said:
wit COPY -B -s /home/Software/wii_games/game.iso -D /home/Software/wii_games

That command would make a file named "game_id.wbfs" in the wii_games directory which can then be moved to the external HDD.

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Format your drive to fat32 and put all the .iso's you have onto it.
plug your usb drive into your windows machine and run Wii Game Manager
Open your .iso files and convert them. Right click Create wbfs files no split.
Make a folder called wbfs on your usb drive and put all the .wbfs files on there(your games)
Plug into wii and play with cfg-loader.

EDIT: i see your questions have been answeredd
tongue.gif

liop4q

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thesolcity said:
OR you can download it from your mac, choice is yours, but yes you will be able to transfer files to your hard drive then see them on your wii.

Download uLoader Here

Oh my god im an idiot i forgot to tell everyone the reason why im using my POS windows computer, because my MAC doesnt have a SD card slot... hahaha.

So I have to download uloader from my POS windows computer, so my question still stands Thesolcity?

can i download from windows put on sd card, run via hbc, convert and plug into mac and transfer files?

Posts merged

QUOTE(Riley @ Dec 19 2010, 05:05 PM) Format your drive to fat32 and put all the .iso's you have onto it.
plug your usb drive into your windows machine and run Wii Game Manager
Open your .iso files and convert them. Right click Create wbfs files no split.
Make a folder called wbfs on your usb drive and put all the .wbfs files on there(your games)
Plug into wii and play with cfg-loader.

EDIT: i see your questions have been answeredd
tongue.gif

Ya I think so, but yet still have to figure out how to do it all haha
biggrin.gif
but I think i got the gist of what I need to do.

liop4q

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thesolcity said:
Yup, still can.

Ohmygod, you are my hero if this works, even if it doesn't you are my hero, haha.

Im trying it all out right now! As in downloading uLoader and trying to format HDD. When I download uLoader will it say blatantly say format to WBFS or will it be a crazy name? lol.

liop4q

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thesolcity said:
It'll say something along the lines of "No WBFS format found" then ask if you want to format it.

Okay sorry for the dumb question but after I download uLoader5.0 and extract the files do I copy and paste all the files to the SD card or which ones? Sorry i forgets :/

liop4q

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thesolcity said:
Make a folder called apps, then uloader, then put the boot.dol in the uloader folder.

Hey buddy, I want you to know I love you.

This worked perfectly, im currently playing Epic Mickey
smile.gif

You are my hero buddy!

THanks for all the help, everyone!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🛌