In need of Wii experts help <--

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by liop4q, Dec 19, 2010.

Dec 19, 2010

In need of Wii experts help <-- by liop4q at 9:13 PM (2,062 Views / 0 Likes) 31 replies

1. liop4q
    OP

Newcomer liop4q Advanced Member

United States
    Hello, sorry for all the dumb questions I seem to ask, but I promise this is the last !

Ive been on this forum for a couple days now and I cant seem to figure this out, all I want to do is download games from my MAC computer and put them on my external hardrive to then play on my wii!

This is the trouble im having.

I ran ModMii using a windows computer, then followed steps in pop-up README, after that I then just played SSBB for a couple days thinking this whole external hard drive wouldnt be a pain in my fucking ass, well it has been.

Im using a Mac computer, not trying to download any windows operating systems, I just want to figure out how to format my external hard drive to WBFS so then I can use WBFS for MAC- OSX to transfer .iso files to my external hard drive.

So the BIG problem im having is formatting my external hard drive to WBFS, I swear I have gone all over the internet looking and reading about shit on how to format it using mac computer, well screw me, im an idiot and need help!

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!
    I just wanna be able to play downloaded games on my Wii from my Mac computer, lol.

2. techboy

Member techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Use FAT32. All the major loaders support it.

Then, install the games by dumping them using the USB Loader on the wii.

3. Riley

Member Riley GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    EDIT: OK THEN.

4. liop4q
    OP

United States
    Sorry I dont understand what your trying to say. Im new to all this.

What do you mean by loaders ? As in WMB ?

If I use FAT32 what program do I use to transfer .iso files to external hardrive.

Also when I use USB Loader it just goes back to Wii System Menu,

5. liop4q
    OP

United States
    Like I said half way through the thread I didnt wanna have to download any windows operating sytems for mac judging that I dont have a windows installation disc to complete the installation of lets say bootcamp, virtualbox, i.e.

6. DownSince86

Newcomer DownSince86 Advanced Member

United States
    What usb loader are you using?

When you use FAT32 you can transfer files to it from any OS. As far as the games themselves: You convert them to .wbfs format and larger games (over 4GB) are split into multiple files. These files are placed in the /wbfs/ directory on your external HDD. Once you have them there the loader can see and boot them.

7. liop4q
    OP

United States
    I honestly couldnt tell ya what USB loader im using . I ran ModMii and when I put SD card into wii and ran everything a USB loader was on my system menu, do I need to go download for say USB Loader GX ?

8. Thesolcity

Member Thesolcity Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.

United States
    Download uLoader, format using that. Not very many options for mac, but I think wbfs for mac can format drives too possibly maybe? I wouldn't know I don't work with macs.

9. liop4q
    OP

United States
    Okay I will download uLoader and try formatting with that, hopefully that works. But before I do what is uLoader? And I cant use WBFS for MAC OSX to format it just doesnt allow you to format your HDD with it... Bummer :/

10. Thesolcity

United States
    uLoader is one USB Loader that can format drives too. I'm sure alot of loaders can, I just use this one alot.

11. liop4q
    OP

United States
    Okay so I can use my windows computer and then put uloader on my sd card?

run all that shit via HBC and then I can then use my mac computer to take all my downloads from and put onto my external hard drive and then play from wii?

edit: btw all this information is probably most likely gonna help so I thank you all ! keep is coming ! arg I wanna play some new games already !

12. Thesolcity

United States
    Essentially, but one thing that is bugging is if you have a windows computer, why are you looking for a mac way to format it? There are many many many more solutions for windows than mac.

13. liop4q
    OP

United States
    You caught me, well sir the windows computer I have is POS and when downloading torrents haha well doesnt do so good, but the MAC on the other hand eh works as a charm so all my downloads are on my MAC computer, which is why I need to format it from my mac!!!!

edit : I need to be able to get my downloads I guess you could say from my mac to the external hard drive instead of it being a windows computer...

14. Riley

Canada
    Why dont you put your MAC and windows on the same network and then transfer the files over.

15. liop4q
    OP

United States
    This would take for yet another explanation or could you point me to a guide that could do this!
    Im not familiar with all this computer shit but I mean im kinda sorta getting use to it, learning, trying to atleast... :/

16. Riley

Canada
    Ok you could do what i said above or download all the files you want put them on the usb transfer them too your WINDOWS machine then use one of the wii managers to convert them to .wbfs files and put them on your usb drive in USB:/WBFS/

17. liop4q
    OP

United States
    By download all the files you mean like all the games and everything I want put them on the hard drive and put them on the windows computer ? then format the hard drive, convert the files, and place back onto hard drive and plug into wii?

Sorry didnt mean to be an ass, earlier haha, just dont have a windows installation disc to use bootcamp or anything of the sort...

18. Thesolcity

United States
    What he said if you want to format to FAT32, WBFS is what WBFS for mac supports but if the drive was FAT32 you could just drag .wbfs files onto it. Put it this way, you're probably better off just using uLoader to format the drive and WBFS for mac to add the games. With FAT32 you have to use windows to get the ISOs to .wbfs format.

EDIT: Weird floating quotation marks out of nowhere removed.

19. DownSince86

Newcomer DownSince86 Advanced Member

United States
    Just use wit to convert your .iso files to .wbfs on your MAC.

http://wit.wiimm.de/wit/

Hopefully the CLI doesn't scare you.

20. liop4q
    OP

United States
    SCares me not doing this haha.