in need of some help regarding vWii soft mod

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Hoang Tran, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Hoang Tran
    OP

Hoang Tran Member

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2014
    Canada
    (Please ignore the Title as it was meant for a difference problem but had been solved so I'm just editing my original post)

Hello everyone.

I have just Soft Modded the vWii and so far I'm very excited and pleased. I am trying to figure out how to put video games onto my external hard drive but I'm having somewhat of a problem.

Things that I have

- Wii U / Wii Motion Plus Controller
    - Micro SD Card with Micro SD Adapter
    - Western Digital My Book 2TB with it's own AC Power Plug

So what I was able to do with my vWii Soft Mod was to put Wii ISO into my External Hard Drive. I used the WBFS Manager 3.0 to format the External Hard Drive and I was able to place Wii ISO in there just fine. Works 100% :)

If the file that I downloaded was in WBFS format instead of ISO format, I used WiiBackUpManager to convert it.

I am now trying to figure out how I would be able to put ROMS / other video game files into my External Hard Drive? I would like to play ROMS / other video game files from NES/SNES/N64/GC.

I have the Emulators ready and whatnot. I just need to know how to put those game file format into my external hard drive.

If someone can explain or help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for reading.

Also, do I always need a SD Card in the Wii U to execute the Emulators/Apps? I thought I can install it into the vWii like how the Home Brew Channel is installed in there.

But when I take the SD Card out of the system, all I have left is a Home Brew Channel that is empty.

When the SD Card is placed back into the system, the Home Brew Channel is full again with whatever I have in my SD Card.

Just curious/thought I could use my SD Card for something else after I am done setting up with the vWii.