in need of some help regarding vWii soft mod

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Hoang Tran, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Hoang Tran
    OP

Hoang Tran Member

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2014
    Canada
    (Please ignore the Title as it was meant for a difference problem but had been solved so I'm just editing my original post)

Hello everyone.

I have just Soft Modded the vWii and so far I'm very excited and pleased. I am trying to figure out how to put video games onto my external hard drive but I'm having somewhat of a problem.

Things that I have

- Wii U / Wii Motion Plus Controller
    - Micro SD Card with Micro SD Adapter
    - Western Digital My Book 2TB with it's own AC Power Plug

So what I was able to do with my vWii Soft Mod was to put Wii ISO into my External Hard Drive. I used the WBFS Manager 3.0 to format the External Hard Drive and I was able to place Wii ISO in there just fine. Works 100% :)

If the file that I downloaded was in WBFS format instead of ISO format, I used WiiBackUpManager to convert it.

I am now trying to figure out how I would be able to put ROMS / other video game files into my External Hard Drive? I would like to play ROMS / other video game files from NES/SNES/N64/GC.

I have the Emulators ready and whatnot. I just need to know how to put those game file format into my external hard drive.

If someone can explain or help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for reading.

Also, do I always need a SD Card in the Wii U to execute the Emulators/Apps? I thought I can install it into the vWii like how the Home Brew Channel is installed in there.

But when I take the SD Card out of the system, all I have left is a Home Brew Channel that is empty.

When the SD Card is placed back into the system, the Home Brew Channel is full again with whatever I have in my SD Card.

Just curious/thought I could use my SD Card for something else after I am done setting up with the vWii.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice