in need of help with the cyclo ds

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by azniceman, Jul 31, 2008.

Jul 31, 2008
  1. azniceman
    OP

Newcomer azniceman Member

United States
    Ok i owned the cyclods for about month now. I can play Rpg games on it with no problem. But can't play certain faster games like super dodge ball. castlevania portrait of ruins, contra 4 or any other games, , I would play it and then it would crash. Even the nes emulator crashes playing double dragon 3 I have tried to get an answer to this problem by googling it, but have no luck. This is my last hope.
    I have a kingston 1gb microsd card made in japan, and still no fix. I also own one 4gb card thats made in taiwan and still no luck. Those were the answers online in solving the games from crashing, said try different sd cards. Maybe this thing is defective or something.
    Will thanks ahead of time.

2. Ferrariman

Member Ferrariman Hip-Flop and cRap

Canada
    Update your firmware.

3. purina

Newcomer purina Member

United Kingdom
    where did u get ur sd cards from? if updating dosent fix ur prob maybe they are fake sd cards?

4. azniceman
    OP

United States
    I have updated it to 1.41, i got the kingston one from blockbusters. and the 4gb from ebay. Is there another higher update or something? or is it that im getting them games from (u) region instead of (E) for U.S?

5. evoo1

Member evoo1 GBAtemp Regular

Austria
    Your problems really sound like there's something wrong with your SD cards. I guess you don't like to hear that, but maybe try reformatting them and see if that helps.

Also how old is your CycloDS, and where did you buy it? As switching SD cards didn't help anything, the only thing left is your cyclo, though that sounds really unlikely to me. Not that it's an unbreakable card, but your problem just screams that it's your SD cards.

6. azniceman
    OP

United States
    i bought the cyclods from consolesource.com. its about a month old by now, and the sd cards have been reformatted. i have 2 totally different ones just so i can say that might not be the problem. but its strange how it can play rpg. i just updated to 1.4 beta 3 and contra 4 still crashes. I read the compatibility list for cyclods and says that came can only run on 1.31.

7. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Are you using trimmed ROMs?

8. podunk1269

Member podunk1269 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    i have a year old cyclos and a 2 gig kingston and none of those problems man. That only happens to me if I use trimmed roms

9. azniceman
    OP

United States
    I just dl them and just drag and drop them over to the microsd.

10. azniceman
    OP

United States
    wats even worst is that u can't even email team cyclops right now.